Applying to some more DO schools this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Giantra Volta

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am debating whether or not to add more Osteopathic schools to my list. I am currently waiting to hear back from the schools I've submitted secondaries to (17 MD; 3 DO). So far I've received two II's, one pre-interview waitlist and one rejection. Here is my list:

MD

Albany Medical
Creighton (Interview in Nov.)
Commonwealth Medical
Drexel
George Washington
Hofstra
Jefferson
NYMC
Rosalind Franklin
SUNY Buffalo
SUNY Downstate (Attended Interview)
SUNY Stony Brook
SUNY Upstate (Pre-Interview Hold)
Tulane
Univeristy of Miami
University of Rochester (Pre-Int Rejection)
University of Vermont

DO
LECOM-Erie
NYCOM
NSUCOM

My stats are: MCAT: 31Q (balanced); GPA: 3.64; Sci.GPA: 3.49. And I feel my EC's/Medical experiences are solid.

The 3 DO schools I already applied to are my top Osteopathic choices - Although I would really like an Allopathic acceptance. However, I really don't want to shoot myself in the foot here and wind up with no acceptances. I understand that my stats are pretty average (maybe below) for the MD schools I picked, and I would think that they are competitive for the DO schools I picked. But I want to be safe, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

I say yes, unless it is a financial burden.

Hey guys, thanks for the honest advice, I really appreciate it. I took your advice and applied to LECOM-Bradenton also. I was in the process of completing the secondaries for some other DO schools, but the hurricane cut the power out, and ruined my house....

On the bright side, I got an II from LECOM-Erie today, so I'm hopeful for that.

Thanks again for the advice.