Applying to St George's U Vet School or Pre-vet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

indiegirl

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone applying to St. George's University Vet Med or have applied to St. George?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I just sent in my application for St. George's in April for Spring 06. I would love to discuss as I've tried on other forums without any luck. You can also get great info on valuemd.com - it's mostly med school but lots of info on the island and such.

I was wondering why you chose to start Spring 2006 and not this August 2005? Are you applying to the DVM program or the pre-vet? Have you been successful in completing your prerequisites? Let me know if you hear from SGU for an interview. Let's talk privately by email. Mine is [email protected].

niki_vet2b said:
Hi,

I just sent in my application for St. George's in April for Spring 06. I would love to discuss as I've tried on other forums without any luck. You can also get great info on valuemd.com - it's mostly med school but lots of info on the island and such.

Members don't see this ad :)
SGU is a non-AVMA accredited veterinary school right? What does that really mean in terms of licensing, taking the boards, etc (NAVLE)? Do you know the details.....

Have you heard anything? How was your interview process? Please let me know thanks!

niki_vet2b said:
Hi,

indiegirl said:
SGU is a non-AVMA accredited veterinary school right? What does that really mean in terms of licensing, taking the boards, etc (NAVLE)? Do you know the details.....

Non-AVMA means "ECFVG certification required" to practice in the USA. Some states are now allowing some sort of bypass by accepting the PAVE exam instead of the ECFVG exam/internship. But not all states will accept the PAVE yet. You should definitely look into the ECFVG because it's not something to be taken lightly (it could cost you a lot of money and potentially 1+ year after you graduate to acquire). Go to the AVMA website (http://www.avma.org) and there should be a link to education or ECFVG in the left hand column.

ECFVG = Educational Committee for Foreign Veterinary Graduates.

birdvet2006 said:
Non-AVMA means "ECFVG certification required" to practice in the USA. Some states are now allowing some sort of bypass by accepting the PAVE exam instead of the ECFVG exam/internship. But not all states will accept the PAVE yet. You should definitely look into the ECFVG because it's not something to be taken lightly (it could cost you a lot of money and potentially 1+ year after you graduate to acquire). Go to the AVMA website (http://www.avma.org) and there should be a link to education or ECFVG in the left hand column.

ECFVG = Educational Committee for Foreign Veterinary Graduates.

Are there any forums that you may know that help in passing ECFVG?