Applying to Temple: does clinical campus affect admissions?

MiesVanDerMom

D.o. or Die
10+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2004
With my husband, my kids, and the hellcat
Status
Resident [Any Field]
On their secondary Temple has you choose where you think you might like to do years 3 and 4. Does this affect anything or is it just a poll? Whatcha think?

Erina

MS-IV
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I didn't pick any of them (if i'm remembering the right application) because I didn't know enough about the different places to feel comfortable making a decision. Hopefully it won't matter since it let me turn in the application without making a selection.

OP
M

MiesVanDerMom

D.o. or Die
10+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2004
With my husband, my kids, and the hellcat
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I chose Pittsburgh because I live 5 minutes way and don't want to sell my house (also because I've been really impressed by Western Penn when my family members have been treated there and I'd be excited to learn from the doctors at western penn :thumbup: ) I don't think it affects admissions since you're not committing to one place or another. But I wonder if, all else being equal, their are certain places less people choose to go to, so, maybe it would make a difference. Hmmm.... pointless curiosity. I'm interested to hear what locations people chose though... please share :)

Alex1803

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2006
Status
It says right in the application that it is not written in stone. I checked them all because I am open to any of them. I don't think it is going to affect one's application depending on what they choose.
The choices on the application itself are hyperlinked to the sites of the respective locations.