Applying to Texas schools as a non-resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which one?

• AADSAS and submit June 5th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMDSAS and submit late May

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

itscoldoutside2018

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm planning to apply to the three Texas schools even though I'm OOS. I want to apply through AADSAS though to make it easier for me and my LoRs. The problem is it opens May 15th and can submit June 5th which is a whole month after. Should I still apply through AADSAS or apply to the Texas version to increase my chances?

I know they are very OOS UN-friendly, but still want to try at least. Sorry, I knew they were UN-friendly, but had a typo.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So I'm planning to apply to the three Texas schools even though I'm OOS. I want to apply through AADSAS though to make it easier for me and my LoRs. The problem is it opens May 15th and can submit June 5th which is a whole month after. Should I still apply through AADSAS or apply to the Texas version to increase my chances?

I know they are very OOS friendly, but still want to try at least.

I don't think Texas schools are very OOS compared to other states like Colorado. They take relatively few OOS applicants, maybe 2 or 3 at each school. At least that's what I recall from looking at the AADSAS application guide. Regarding application services I believe that you actually do have to apply through TMDSAS, I don't think that's optional. Their deadlines are also earlier than other schools so I would check that as well.

I know they are very OOS friendly, but still want to try at least.

I thought about applying through AADSAS to save time, but then realized I wouldn't have a good answer to "Why didn't you use TMDSAS?" IF they were generous enough to give me an interview. You might as well take the time to fill out TMDSAS if you are serious about the Texas schools. Your app will be in sooner, and it's cheaper than applying to all three through AADSAS.

I don't think Texas schools are very OOS compared to other states like Colorado. They take relatively few OOS applicants, maybe 2 or 3 at each school. At least that's what I recall from looking at the AADSAS application guide. Regarding application services I believe that you actually do have to apply through TMDSAS, I don't think that's optional. Their deadlines are also earlier than other schools so I would check that as well.
sorry, had a typo. Yes I know they are UN-friendly but still want to apply just in case

Reactions: 1 user