Applying to Texas Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FormerCorpsman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Middle Eastern Studies/Arabic major, who is planning to applying to medical school next year. My question is "Will TX Med Schools frown on only having 17 credits of Biology Courses, 12 Credits of Chemistry, and 4 Credits of Physics at the time of application?" However, I will be taking more biology, chemistry, and physics course before I graduate. Can anyone tell me whether or not schools will reject my application for not having numerous amounts of science courses under my belt at the time of application. Also, I am a Texas Resident. Thank you for time and knowledge.

Members don't see this ad.

No. You have to have the prereqs done prior to matriculation. The bigger worry is having a solid foundation for the MCAT. I'd say you need Physics 1&2, Bio 1&2, and Chemistry through Organic 1 to be in decent shape for the MCAT. Since you're a non-science major, I'd make sure you have some upper division Bio like Genetics, Biochem, etc.