Applying without having all of the prerequisites finished

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NCPanthers8

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am curious to how many people get accepted without having all of their prerequisites finished. I've heard the earlier you apply the better chance you have at being accepted (not sure if that's true or not). I know Pharmcas has an update window at the end of the fall semester. I have 5 prerequisites classes left. I am taking the PCAT in July and plan on applying as soon as the official score comes back, so hopefully at the end of August at the latest. I plan on updating my transcript at the end of the Fall semester. I'm just curious as to if people actually get accepted with a few prerequisites left? I know they obviously have to be completed before you start Pharmacy school and mine will be, just curious as to if people get accepted while having a few classes left or if they have to wait another year until they are all finished

Members don't see this ad.

i applied without completely finishing my preqs but your accepted with the understanding that you will have your preqs completed before the fall semester of the entering year. I finished the last four classes in the spring 2016 semester and will be entering pharmacy school fall 2016.

Yeah, exactly what Ladyg228 said. Just be sure to let the pharm school know beforehand that you plan to take classes XYZ before you start school, or else you won't be accepted. Every prerequisite must be completed prior to the start of school.

I know all the prereqs must be completed before you start, just wanted to make sure it was common to get accepted with a few classes left, I felt like it was common, but we all know the saying about "assuming" lol... Thank you guys/girls for the quick feedback!