approximately how many people score 30+ on the mcat each year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrh125

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i've been looking through amcas data tables and i havent been able to find the information i need. how many people score 30+ on the mcat each year? im trying to compare that number to the total number of students matriculated to medical school each year and see how much of a gap between those numbers there are. if there are more matriculating students than those in that mcat range, that'd be very interesting to know. from what I understand around 70% of people who take the mcat don't get a 30 or above.

Members don't see this ad.

30+ MCAT = 73.3rd Percentile and above (according to 2012 data).

100-73.3 = 26.7% of the population taking the MCAT in 2012 had a 30+

.267 * 89,452 (# of people taking the MCAT in 2012) = ~23,884 people score 30+ on the MCAT in a given year

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
No argument with the math, but isn't N = total administrations? So wouldn't the number of distinct people be less than N? People who retake in the same year would be counted more than once, I think, but do a significant percent of people retake?

No argument with the math, but isn't N = total administrations? So wouldn't the number of distinct people be less than N? People who retake in the same year would be counted more than once, I think, but do a significant percent of people retake?[/QUOTE.

Yes. That's why one can only estimate.
Don't forget all the additional scores that apply from the previous two years of administrations!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, SDN has about 100,000 members, and everybody here gets above 30 (above 35 technically), so there's that.

Reactions: 9 users