Appying to seventeen different schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kennyram401

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I have a 3.62 GPA with a 3.3 science GPA and an MCAT in the 30s but I apply to 14 diffrent MD schools and 3 DO schools do you think I would be accepted by at least one school?

P.S. I am aiming for schools out of state as well as in state so I will be trying to apply to schools that have higher acceptance rates.

Members don't see this ad.

Edit: if you haven't taken the MCAT yet then there is no point in making a school list

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Which schools are you applying to? What is your MCAT score?
I havent taken the MCAT yet. But I want to apply to half schools of chance (i.e. Mississippi Med with 40 percent acceptance, Umass with 10 percent acceptace) then the other half schools in New York because I like New York and I think there are at least nine good schools there out of the 17- 19 I will be applying to.

MI and MA are not good choices for OOS.
You can't really make a list without an MCAT score.
When you have your score, get the MSAR to look for schools that accept a significant number OOS and where your stats are a good fit.

Reactions: 1 user
Since you have not taken the MCAT yet I assume you will be applying next summer. Post your MCAT here when you receive your score and we will be able to advise you more accurately then.