April 12 MCATers and score release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DiverDoc

KCUMB 2012
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just like the rest of you, I am anxiously awaiting score release. However, "anxious" only describes my science scores, is anybody else absolutly terrified of ther VR score? I fear it will be in the abyss. :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

I have faith in a generous curve, since everyone I've talked to from April 12th is pretty much in the same page on their performance on the VR.

I want them all!!!! Good or bad, I just want to know how my summer is going to be spent. Hopefully, it will be filling out secondaries and not studying for a re-take. All joking aside, having to re-take would be very painful.

I had a dream last night that I had 12-12-12. Gotta stop reading SDN before bed.:rolleyes:

Just like the rest of you, I am anxiously awaiting score release. However, "anxious" only describes my science scores, is anybody else absolutly terrified of ther VR score? I fear it will be in the abyss. :eek:

I feel the exact same way. Sooooo nervous about verbal. I'm mentally preparing myself for a retake....:(

Members don't see this ad :)
Dammit! I took the April 16th test and I just can't wait any longer for my score! I'm very anxious to see what my score will be, since the last two aamc practice tests (8 and 9) I got a 30 (the highest I have ever gotten on the MCATS). The only result I am worried about is the VR section, but then again, I am always worried about my VR score after any practice test as well. I always feel like crap coming out of the VR, however, I have been scoring 9's and 10's consistently on all my AAMC tests and I have taken 8 of them. But still, you never know with the VR (but at least this time I was actually able to finish the entire test on time). I can't wait until the 16th of May. My life has been a stand-still since April 16th. :thumbdown:

30+ or BUST!!!!!!!!!

Are any of you guys applying this summer for med school?

If yes, when do you plan on retaking the MCAT if necessary?

Im applying. IF I need to retake, Im guessing July, I will give it a hard 3 weeks, and ride the lightning again.

Im applying this summer. I haven't even looked at the available dates over the summer for the MCAT, my optomistic way of hoping it won't be necessary. But even so, a month of hardcore review would be my prep, so it would be possible to do a july or august date as a worst case scenario.

After April 12th VR section I'm packing up my bathing suit and snorkel gear and getting ready for a Caribbean Medschool.... :D

I felt like the hardest section was definately the BS. Some of those questions (3 or 4 of them) I didn't have a clue on.

I'm applying right now... playing the waitlist game (Imagine the compounded anxiety I'm facing!). Hoping a couple extra MCAT points might be what nudges me into the accept file. August 2004: 32Q 13PS 9VR 10BS

I felt like the hardest section was definately the BS. Some of those questions (3 or 4 of them) I didn't have a clue on.

3 or 4 not having a clue is good on any mcat test. it's when you start breaking double digits you start to worry.

verbal is really scaring me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just wish that I had more time to study for it. I work 60-75 hours a week, so study time was very minimal.

I had a nightmare last night, my scores were 5-5-5. I have to stop reading SDN before I go to bed, too. I thought VR on the 16th was horrible, anyone else?

Stupid applications! I just have to know my score to finalize *where* I'm applying.

I work in sales for a company that teaches people how to invest and make money in the Stock Market. I am learning a ton, but have learned that my passion is in Healthcare, not sales. Hopefully what I have learned here (Trading) will help me while in Med school.

I also putting my wife through nursing school right now.

Me too man. I typically find the bio section rather easy but this one was harder than any I've ever taken. I just hope I got double digits for it.

Yeah, on all of the practice tests I took, BS was always my highest section. On the real thing, it was definitely my hardest section of the 3, and the hardest BS section I had taken.

Mang, isn't our score supposed to be out on the 12th...

So most likely it will be released on the 16th correct?

Hey all,
I'm new here, but did anyone else feel like a complete a**hole after the April 12th MCAT. I was doing pretty well on the AAMC tests, but I'm not sure what happened on test day. I found all the sections fairly difficult and now I'm scared/anxious for the score release. One last thing, is it me, or are all the posted scores for the MCAT awesome? After reading a few posts I really started feeling like a jerk. :scared:

Hey all,
I'm new here, but did anyone else feel like a complete a**hole after the April 12th MCAT. I was doing pretty well on the AAMC tests, but I'm not sure what happened on test day. I found all the sections fairly difficult and now I'm scared/anxious for the score release. One last thing, is it me, or are all the posted scores for the MCAT awesome? After reading a few posts I really started feeling like a jerk. :scared:

you're not the only one. i'd just like to know what i got so i can get on with the rest of my life. but things could be worse. My ex could come up to me one random day and say, "um...it's blue." There's one test result i'd rather not get at the moment.

Hey all,

Don't feel bad about the scores people post here... You only see the high scores as people with cruddy scores won't be boasting on the forums, remember the average is ~26 and I have not seen anything close to that... Premeds are a very secretive people when it comes to embarrassing academic performances, I know I am :)

you're not the only one. i'd just like to know what i got so i can get on with the rest of my life. but things could be worse. My ex could come up to me one random day and say, "um...it's blue." There's one test result i'd rather not get at the moment.

You make a good point. Thanks for the post and good luck with your test scores.

Hey all,
Hahahaha... way to put everything in perspective

What are you guys doing to pass the time?

Compulsively checking THx, knowing I"m not going to see anything til Wednesday.

I'm about to get pre-occupied tho, my best friend is flying in for my grad and I haven't seen her in a year :D :D So tonight I'll be busy, tomorrow I'll be busy, SUNDAY i'll be busy... things will start to settle down and I'll be sleeping most of Monday.. Tuesday will be hell... and Wednesday I'm shadowing.

Yes, I refuse to sit at the computer all day and refresh. It doesn't really matter. The scores are already there, I just can't see them. Either I retake in August, or I don't. And frankly, I'd rather not studying ONE more day if I can get away with it.. so i'll check Wed afternoon. hahaha.

(who am I kidding, I'll probably end up on SDN and THx from Midnight until I go in, go home for lunch, and frantically call some computer savvy person I trust to check them in between)

i only check sdn cuz i hate seeing the 1st score i got. once people start talking, i'll get my whiskey. drink a glass. open the webpage...

I'm applying, but waiting out my retake til Aug. (No point in retaking until I've completed or close to completed a few more pre-reqs.. that's whats holding my score down now) My #1 choice accepts all scores from this year, and I'm thinking (praying.. hoping) that I got a decent enough score to at least get a secondary.. and by the time those are in, my second mcat will be back.

Just curious,

when are you guys planning on completing primary apps? If I don't have my MCAT scores now, will I need to wait until I get a decent set before I turn in my primaries? And if I get scores back soon, when's the unofficial "latest" time to turn in primary apps?

This wait is killing me!!! I took the April 12th exam in Knoxville, TN. Score release is truly torture. Most likely, Wednesday will be our release date. Oh well........

Because the AAMC April 12th MCAT release date is May 16th... they have it posted on their website....

Really? I'm anxious as well (mostly with the VR portion). I tried searching the website main page and the scores release section and haven't seen anything concerning the 16th. http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/start.htm

Mind sharing the link? Thanks.

Just curious,

when are you guys planning on completing primary apps? If I don't have my MCAT scores now, will I need to wait until I get a decent set before I turn in my primaries? And if I get scores back soon, when's the unofficial "latest" time to turn in primary apps?
I'm not doing any work on AMCAS till I get my MCAT, because if I get like a 26 or something, I won't apply this year....so I don't want to fill out the app for nothing.

Regardless of my science section scores, if i get 9 on verbal, i am NOT retaking it. fuzz, i don't know why the verbal section seemed so much harder than aamc cbt ones (not that i do great on verbal, but at least i finish everything on time)

I keep looking for some sneaky way to find out the scores....kinda like when they posted AMCAS a day earlier than promised.:laugh:

But I guess then if I DO find them, I'll be like "what if they are not REAL scores?" and still end up agonizing till the 16th.:thumbdown:

The closer the date gets, the worse I am feeling about these scores. When I left the test center, I was fairly confident in getting at least a 30. Now, I feel like im going to get a 25 or 26.

I keep having nightmares about bad scores! Its getting bad, I'm losing as much sleep now as I did before the test. I just cant wait to know either way.

The closer the date gets, the worse I am feeling about these scores. When I left the test center, I was fairly confident in getting at least a 30. Now, I feel like im going to get a 25 or 26.

I keep having nightmares about bad scores! Its getting bad, I'm losing as much sleep now as I did before the test. I just cant wait to know either way.

same here. same exact thing. :(

I just totally remembered a cruddy Bio passage from April 12th...Did anyone have a REALLY confusing passage about Ticks? The wording was so complicated I'm pretty sure it was written in Elvish...:laugh:

The ticks was confusing, and there was a lot of room to make mistakes if you didn't sort things out carefully.

What frustrates me is that I think I missed some pretty straightforward ochem questions.

One question I found really difficult was the one dealing with promoter regions (I think...don't remember exactly). Or something to do with DNA.