April 15th/30th Deadlines. How to withdraw acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

helpmedecide2020

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have decided which medical school I will be attending and need to withdraw my acceptances for the other schools. There doesn't appear to be an option to withdraw from the portals. Do I just send an email to the admissions office? Is 1-2 sentences appropriate?

Members don't see this ad.

AAMC will automatically update for our compliance?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have decided which medical school I will be attending and need to withdraw my acceptances for the other schools. There doesn't appear to be an option to withdraw from the portals. Do I just send an email to the admissions office? Is 1-2 sentences appropriate?

"Dear X School of Medicine,

This email indicates my desire to formally withdraw my acceptance from X. I wish you all the best going forward.

--
Regards,
XYZ w/ AMCAS ID"

The school will process this and it will disappear from your choose your medical school tool on AMCAS

Reactions: 1 user
"Dear X School of Medicine,

This email indicates my desire to formally withdraw my acceptance from X. I wish you all the best going forward.

--
Regards,
XYZ w/ AMCAS ID"

The school will process this and it will disappear from your choose your medical school tool on AMCAS
Do you need "I wish you all the best going forward." when addressing a school? :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Do you need "I wish you all the best going forward." when addressing a school? :)
No, you can do without the formalities if you choose. That's your decision to make.