Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

April 15th deadlines Vs. later revisit weekends

Discussion in 'Physician Scientists' started by ThatOne, Mar 12, 2007.

1. ThatOne

ThatOne New Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Has anyone else run into the problem before of trying to choose between a school with an April 15th deadline and another school with a revisit weekend later than that? If so, how did you resolve it? Did you just pick without going to a revist, get a deadline extension, or do an early revisit, or something else I haven't thought of?

2. Neuronix

Neuronix Total nerd
    Staff Member Administrator Physician PhD Faculty Verified Expert 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I got a deadline extension.

3. haricot

haricot Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    i asked ruthie for an extension...this is what she said:

"In order for your request to be considered, I would need to know which programs you are considering and what the dates are of their revisit days. I would then call the programs to confirm that you are attending (nothing personal but we've had less then honest applicants in the past)."

4. OP
    OP
    ThatOne

ThatOne New Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    That's nice. I figured it would be something like that, but in my case the institution with the early deadline is being "very firm" to quote them. I was told, very nicely, that if I didn't decide by their deadline then the decision would be made for me and the offer rescinded. So, fun times ahead trying to schedule an early revisit...

5. haricot

haricot Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    wow, that's harsh. good luck figuring things out...i feel like i'm going to have a hard enough time even *with* an extension.

6. mjs

mjs Millionaire, Superhero
    7+ Year Member

You could always charge up the old credit card and go see. It's probably worth it, but act fast.

7. OP
    OP
    ThatOne

ThatOne New Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Oh, it's not a matter of money. Both schools are paying for travel etc. It's a matter of timing that's all. The regular revisits have a lot of presentations and activities planned and it's a given that a rescheduled one is not going to offer quite as much... better than not going at all though, definitely.

8. Tupais

Pre-Medical
    Though it seems that events scheduled by schools are designed to make you want to go there. You might get a more honest feel for the school going at a different time.