April 2003 MCAT Studying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peppercat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am taking a full load of classes this year, so I'm very busy with course work. It will be difficult balancing this and MCAT studying.

When do you suggest is the optimal time to begin studying as to have enough time and earn an excellent score. I thought perhaps October, but I would love to hear suggestions, on studying, scheduling, and making it work.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I will be taking a lighter load during the Spring, so as to study for MCAT's also. I will start major studying during winter break.

I read that big red Kaplan book a couple times in the fall and once more over Christmas break. Then I studied everyday using Princeton materials from the class beginning in January.

I am also shooting for October but that is easier said than done when you are taking 18 hours, research, tutoring, volunteering, etc. I really really have to start soon but even if we start in December it will be okay from what other folks have said...

Members don't see this ad :)
I am working FT and full time (12 credit) grad school. It seems that between working 9-5pm, and school 6-8 (sometimes 5:30-10pm), that I would have NO time to study.

I am taking less school load next semester though.
Right now I read mcat materials some nights but I spend saturdays at the library from 11-6pm. Going over the sciences mostly. It's hectic now and I know it will get crazier once I start having class term papers and finals to deal with.

The earlier I start, then hopefully, the less I will have to load up on studying once January gets here. My plan is to review the sciences all fall, once 2003 gets here I'll start doing practice quesions with verbal and timing myself. But I need to get the basics out of the way first.

I hope I can do this. I really want to quit my job but I need the money.

Wow. Y'all are scaring me. I started in February for April (which I didn't take for reasons unrelated to my level of preparedness), and then in July for August (which I did take). If you've taken the required courses, it should just be review and practice exams.

I guess everyone prepares differently, but three months seems to me like the max it should take. Or maybe that's just my maximum attention span:D .

Originally posted by Samoa
I guess everyone prepares differently, but three months seems to me like the max it should take. Or maybe that's just my maximum attention span:D .

If you are free most hours of the day then three months is all you need. But if you have only 2-3 hours a day to spare for studying. Then I think you would need more than three months.