April 2003 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

exigente chica

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering who is taking the test in April, to get a list going.:D

Members don't see this ad.

Bush baby,
I hear you on the "GOOD GOD, IT'S JAN" I feel like I've been studying on and off for the past two months and barely made a dent. Need to restrategize!! Of course, the fact that I don't remember much from college sciences and am relearning as opposed to reviewing does not help much!

Let's keep the motivation going! (I read this thread sometimes to get myself going on studying. It works when I don't freak out that everyone is so far ahead!!!)

hi guys,

i plan on taking a practice test here in a couple weeks, just as many people advise on doing so that you can spot your week points and get a feel for the test. the thing is: i think i will totally do terrible on the thing (except maybe verbal) because the only thing I have been reviewing is physics and i'm only half way there! so i won't even be that familier (except for the minimal info i might remember from the classes i took two years ago) with the stuff. i know this is expected and 6's and 7's are expected on the first try but what if i get like a 2 or 3????????

HELP:confused: :confused:

Hey BobbyDylanFan,
Seriously, don't freak out. The first time I took a practice exam (in my case it was a baaaad decision) I ended up eating two boxes of chocolate to feel better (ask the secretaries in the BU Pathology office; I stole the chocolate from them!) As much as it destroyed my ego, it definitely gave me direction in regards to what I should start studying first, etc. I feel a lot more confident now and most of it didn't even have to do with the fact that I did learn some pretty crucial things while reviewing. Most of it had to do with the fact that now it all seems more familiar, and I felt less intimidated. So don't worry about 2's and 3's, take the practice test and keep in mind that this one won't be to score you, only to show you what you need to improve. Yeeehaw! :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Bostonienses
Hey BobbyDylanFan,
Seriously, don't freak out. The first time I took a practice exam (in my case it was a baaaad decision) I ended up eating two boxes of chocolate to feel better (ask the secretaries in the BU Pathology office; I stole the chocolate from them!) As much as it destroyed my ego, it definitely gave me direction in regards to what I should start studying first, etc. I feel a lot more confident now and most of it didn't even have to do with the fact that I did learn some pretty crucial things while reviewing. Most of it had to do with the fact that now it all seems more familiar, and I felt less intimidated. So don't worry about 2's and 3's, take the practice test and keep in mind that this one won't be to score you, only to show you what you need to improve. Yeeehaw! :clap:

Thanks Bostonienses....I needed that! You're right, just take the darn thing and get it over with but most importantly learn from it! And what is it with BU secretaries having so much food. The Pharmacology secretaries have all sorts of goodies that I fattened up on during the holiday season. If you're ever hungary go to the sixth floor, there is likely to be choclate covered pretzels, cakes, pastries, etc.....!!!!!! Take care and good luck to you too

Well on second thought I have decided to take august test due in part to the load I am taking. Wish everyone good luck.

I am done with all my reviewing for now. This week I will start doing practice problems and doing timed sections. I will then go back and reread the review info for topics that I didn't quite understand (while doing the practice questions).

January is almost over guys....what are you guys doing now?

Hey guys.....count me in for April too, starting Kaplan on Sat. good luck everyone!

Bushbaby you are done studying!!!! :eek: Oh-my-goodness, girl you are my hero. I wish I was ready to just review too!!!! I still have to learn the stuff. I'm doing TPR and EK, and I am barely on chpt. 3 in the physics EK book, that is my weakest. And Jan is practically over!!!! I'm aiming for april but in the back of my mind, I have Aug as a backup since I won't apply till 2004 anyway. Maybe that's not such a good idea, I can still make April if I study hard....I hope. :(

Hi:

I am also targetting for April 2003. I am wondering whether anyone knows how many complete practice tests are out there? Here is what I have heared of from this forum. Would somebody please complete this list if you know the answers to any of the question? Really appreciate it.

AMCC 3R - 6R

One free test from Kaplan [How many tests Kaplan has if you have the complete material? How to get them without taking their expensive classes?]

One free test from Princeton [Again, how many in total and how to get them?]

Two free tests from the following website http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Pantheon/4750/ [Unfortunately I don't have the keys. You have to pay for it.]

Berkeley Review [How many and how to get them?]

ExamKrackers [How many and how to get them?]

Thanks,

Qinnu

I'm in to. Are you all at this point just really scared or are you coping pretty well with the immensity of the test? I feel more scared but I'm hoping that it will con me into preparing myself. For those of you taking the Kaplan or PR classes have they started already? I start Sat with Kaplan let's pray it all goes well. Good luck to all of you,,, let's work hard and pull though we can do it!:)

This thread was for last years april MCAT in 2003. The next April MCAT is 2004. You might want to start another thread.