1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

april 2003 total reported score

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by lady bug, Oct 2, 2002.

1. lady bug

7+ Year Member

Starting april 2003, aamc will be reporting scores to medical schools only as a total composite score....meaning they won't report a separate score for physical, bio, and verbal. They will just give your total score. This sounds too good to be true, because students won't have to worry as much about the verbal dilemma and can just maximize on the sciences! Any thoughts?

2. drumming207

drumming207 Sucka Foo
    7+ Year Member

sweet! good news if i have to retake it... :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nero

nero Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

i'm more than just a little skeptical about this.....aamc knows the importance med schools place on the verbal parts, i find it hard to believe they are just going to allow students to do poorly in the verbal and kick butt on the sciecnes...........did you hear from aamc?...that's the only way i'd believe it...........just a thought

nero

4. lady bug

7+ Year Member

it says it in writing on the aamc website

5. nero

nero Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

In 2003, minor changes will be made to the MCAT. A few organic chemistry questions will be replaced by questions on DNA and genetics, the Verbal Reasoning (VR) section will have five fewer questions, it will be possible to achieve a 14 or 15 on the VR, and a total score will be reported (e.g., 45T). PS will become the first section of the day, followed by VR.

that is what i found from aamc, if that is what you are referring to, i wouldnt' take that as them not showing the breakdowns......however, i guess thats up to interpretation.............did you find it somewhere else?

nero

6. lady bug

7+ Year Member

A bunch of people I've talked to have mentioned it....my friend said they explained it at the kaplan seminar she went to. I then went to the aamc site and read the paragraph you just posted. However, I still find it hard to believe and am skeptical about it myself too.

7. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

i think what they meant was that a total score in addition to composite scores will be reported.

8. WonderBoy

Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Are you referring specifically to the "total score" comment on the site. I guess it could be misunderstood. I don't believe that med school would ever forgot about the individuals scores, just too important to have a balanced score. Anyhow not my score I will not be taking it again, depending on what happens in a few hours.

9. lady bug

7+ Year Member

Yup, it was a misunderstanding. I called the mcat office, and they said that individual scores will still be reported.......funny thing is the guy told me, "the biological and physical science scores are very important for med schools to not know about."
    Sorry if i gave anyone false hope. Tweetie, can this thread be deleted?......:confused: