April 2005 MCAT Scores - June 16th!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doko

holla atcha boy!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So it looks like AAMC has announced that June 16th will be the Day of Truth. Just thought some of you might like to know! :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Yep. Here's the text from their website:

We hope to have scores in the Testing History (THx) system on Thursday, June 16th. If that date changes, we will announce it here.

So I have about a week to stock up on bourbon. Either way, it's going to be a fun night.

good luck guys. I remember waiting for my score last October. I was doing someting on the confocal microscope and literally screamed so loudly that the microscope vibrated!

sweatybrain said:
good luck guys. I remember waiting for my score last October. I was doing someting on the confocal microscope and literally screamed so loudly that the microscope vibrated!

Was that a good scream or a bad scream??? In other words, did you do well on it????

Members don't see this ad :)
blee said:
Yep. Here's the text from their website:

So I have about a week to stock up on bourbon. Either way, it's going to be a fun night.

Am I the only person not excited? From now until June 16, there is still hope. After that, who knows? Two months ago, I couldn't wait for the scores to come out. Now I'm dreading the day. Maybe I'll have a few drinks before I check the score and lots afterwards. :scared:

Any chance it could come in the mail earlier than that? Not that I need it any earlier, but I hate the disappointment I get every day opening my mail box and it not being there. At least if I knew for sure not to expect it there then I wouldn't get my hopes up. I figure the web-site would be earlier than the mail, but wasn't sure.

I think the website will be earlier than the mail. If the notification date is officially 6/16, then AAMC wouldn't want some of their test takers to get the news before then.

EFuller said:
Any chance it could come in the mail earlier than that? Not that I need it any earlier, but I hate the disappointment I get every day opening my mail box and it not being there. At least if I knew for sure not to expect it there then I wouldn't get my hopes up. I figure the web-site would be earlier than the mail, but wasn't sure.

I emailed AAMC people and they said that it would come in the mail around June 21st and online around June 16th.

Last time, I recall, it came after the online version showed up.

As per LowlyPremed's question, yes I do feel the same way.

yeah, I'm excited but also very nervous, because if I didn't do well then it's going to be a very dismal application cycle. And I don't want to have to retake AGAIN in August. Hopefully twice will be enough for me.

Good luck to everyone!

I remember waiting for my score last October too. I was travelling at the time, and even with all the distractions, I found myself dreaming about the MCAT a few days before the scores were released. I was sitting in an internet cafe in Plettenberg Bay, South Africa when I found out. I bought everyone at the hostel a round of shots that night :) . Though over there, they thought it meant I got into med school (I guess people test into med schools in S. Africa?). They called me doctor all night. I didn't care enough to correct them :p .

Good luck everyone!

great i've been so relaxed for the past 2 weeks....now just hearing the date for mcat release...agh major anxiety!

Haha, interesting to hear about your South African ordeal. I grew up in Cape Town and did all of my schooling (until I was 18) there. So, I'm familiar with Plett...all my friends were always going there. They have a good surf spot there called the Wedge. Anyway, dude, the entrance requirements for medical school in South Africa are ridiculous. I remember my friend taking an IQ test for the University of Stellenbosch's med school. My American friends can't quite believe that!

Members don't see this ad :)
gujuDoc said:
I emailed AAMC people and they said that it would come in the mail around June 21st and online around June 16th.

Last time, I recall, it came after the online version showed up.

As per LowlyPremed's question, yes I do feel the same way.
Yeah, that's what I heard too. Their email to me was a bit vague, however. I didn't know if June 21 was for mail or online. I guess all is cleared up now that they've made the official announcement.

Here's what I received:

Dear Applicant,

Thank You for contacting the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT)
program.

AAMC and the MCAT Program Office will use all available and reasonable
means to mail scores by first-class mail to examinees approximately 60
days after each test date. Scores will be available in the Online
Testing History system at that time, on or about June 21st.

Please let us know if you need any additional assistance.

SailCrazy said:
Yeah, that's what I heard too. Their email to me was a bit vague, however. I didn't know if June 21 was for mail or online. I guess all is cleared up now that they've made the official announcement.

Here's what I received:

Dear Applicant,

Thank You for contacting the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT)
program.

AAMC and the MCAT Program Office will use all available and reasonable
means to mail scores by first-class mail to examinees approximately 60
days after each test date. Scores will be available in the Online
Testing History system at that time, on or about June 21st.

Please let us know if you need any additional assistance.

That's the same exact thing they said in my email too. Since I've taken the test before, I'm absolutely sure that's the date you'll receive it in the mail, and it will be on by June 16th online.

I keep typing April 16th, and then have to go back and delete and retype June 16th. I don't know why I keep doing that. But this is the 3rd time I've done that today. Though luckily the last 2 times I caught my error.

Holy Sh$t....wow...im not ready. Imma go hide under the covers :(

It is so hard for me to be optimistic. I am traditionally a bad multiple choice test taker and I mostly used my diagnostics to improve my timing and knowledge (went over exams after the test).

I just have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that I will be unpleasantly surprised - and no joke that will kill my summer and senior year. I guess it is good to hope for the best and expect the worst. That way I cannot be disappointed. :oops:

I know my exam is scored already, this is driving me crazy!!!

Thanks for letting me vent... :luck: good luck everyone

around what time can we expect to see the scores posted on the 16th? anyone have a clue or any speculation?

Hotbodmatt said:
Haha, interesting to hear about your South African ordeal. I grew up in Cape Town and did all of my schooling (until I was 18) there. So, I'm familiar with Plett...all my friends were always going there. They have a good surf spot there called the Wedge. Anyway, dude, the entrance requirements for medical school in South Africa are ridiculous. I remember my friend taking an IQ test for the University of Stellenbosch's med school. My American friends can't quite believe that!

I loved Plett :) . I hit up J-Bay too. Too bad I was terrible at surfing.

I leave for Israel on the 16. I don't even know if I'll get to see my scores before I leave.

I was dreading this day ever since after taking the test. It really sucks because i finally got over worrying about my mcat scores, and now im freaking out again because the day is coming up. Oh man, lets hope this doesnt hurt.

In the words of the great Elton John "Hold me closer tiny dancer." However, you may substitute blankets, significant other, Mary Jane, Whiskey, etc with tiny dancer....for a small surcharge. :) :)

Good luck all!! :thumbup: :luck:

BaylorGuy said:
I was dreading this day ever since after taking the test. It really sucks because i finally got over worrying about my mcat scores, and now im freaking out again because the day is coming up. Oh man, lets hope this doesnt hurt.

In the words of the great Elton John "Hold me closer tiny dancer." However, you may substitute blankets, significant other, Mary Jane, Whiskey, etc with tiny dancer....for a small surcharge. :) :)

Good luck all!! :thumbup: :luck:

Yesterday I had knots rolling around in my stomach cuz I was getting so nervous. When I saw the confirmation of the date, it just hit me how soon scores will be up.

junebuguf said:
Is this thread going to be the all-night vigil thread for those of us staying up on the 15th?

Considering that the AMCAS application did not become active until the beginning of the work day on June 1 and that the August 2004 MCAT scores were released in the afternoon of the announced day last year, I don't think AAMC works all that hard in the middle of the night. Staying up until midnight on June 15th will likely be useless.

in october sat up all night on that Monday waiting...scores came out on a tuesday at around 12:30 pm CST....i was expecting the same this time around...

Should I be more nervous?

Sure, I'm anxious to get my test score too but I haven't lost sleep over it and don't have a pain in my gut about this thing.

I've just felt sort of numb after the exam in April. Maybe I'll feel different Wednesday night.

Good fortune to all.

Why so slow this year for the mailed scores? I remember coming home from vacation last year during the first week of June and it was already in the mailbox when I got home.

jon0013 said:
in october sat up all night on that Monday waiting...scores came out on a tuesday at around 12:30 pm CST....i was expecting the same this time around...

I remember our all night vigil. I took it the first time in August, and I remember staying up til like 2am. When it didn't come on, I went to bed and my score showed up around 1:30 though it said they wouldn't be done til 2pm.

koalabear said:
why do you think it took them so long this year?

maybe they're ****in with us....but i dunno....i use to think most people took April but lookin at stats, August actually has more test takers...

jon0013 said:
maybe they're ****in with us....but i dunno....i use to think most people took April but lookin at stats, August actually has more test takers...

August has more test takers because most people generally take the summer off, or less classes in the summer, so they can study for the test.

koalabear said:
why do you think it took them so long this year?

i find it simply appalling how long it takes ANY year. Other exams with an essay are available three weeks after administration, such as the LSAT. I have a feeling AAMC invests very little in grading this exam rapidly because there's no real economic motive to do so.

americanidiot said:
i find it simply appalling how long it takes ANY year. Other exams with an essay are available three weeks after administration, such as the LSAT. I have a feeling AAMC invests very little in grading this exam rapidly because there's no real economic motive to do so.

This is precisely why they are making it all computer based, reducing the number of test questions, and hence overall length of the test by 2007.

In 2007, when the new format is made, they will have the scores in a month instead of 2 months.

americanidiot said:

I've been told you see your score for the DAT as you leave the testing center. Wouldn't that be nice?!

Especially since the MCAT is given so much weight in the application process, they should really try to get the scores to us faster and make it less agonizing to wait!! (or at least make the scores for all the sections but writing available online early or something...)

americanidiot said:
Considering that the AMCAS application did not become active until the beginning of the work day on June 1 and that the August 2004 MCAT scores were released in the afternoon of the announced day last year, I don't think AAMC works all that hard in the middle of the night. Staying up until midnight on June 15th will likely be useless.
True, but last year's April exam scores were out at approximately 10 pm. So perhaps staying up all night would be worth it. BTW: Soon before scores were released, the THX page will change to teasing tidbits like "scores will be up within the hour" "scores will be up in 15 minutes" "scores are coming..." "hang on.. not too much longer now" etc. I think the MCAT folks get a little punchy when they're uploading stuff.

ShyRem said:
True, but last year's April exam scores were out at approximately 10 pm. So perhaps staying up all night would be worth it. BTW: Soon before scores were released, the THX page will change to teasing tidbits like "scores will be up within the hour" "scores will be up in 15 minutes" "scores are coming..." "hang on.. not too much longer now" etc. I think the MCAT folks get a little punchy when they're uploading stuff.

They did the same thing in October. Its like they want to screw with our heads. aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgh

ShyRem said:

haha, thats funny. :laugh:

jtank said:
haha, thats funny. :laugh:

In October when they did that I remember it went something like this:

MCAT msg: The scores will be out on or around October 12th.
MCAT msg: The scores will be out at 2pm
MCAT msg: The scores will out soon.
MCAT msg: A little while longer (Something to this extent, but don't remember exact words here)

Am I the only one that's still so pathetic that they still check the site anyway, even though I know it won't be there till the 16th?

I wish I knew others that took the test so that I could through a huge scores (not the strip-club) party.