April 2005 MCAT Scores - June 16th!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doko

holla atcha boy!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So it looks like AAMC has announced that June 16th will be the Day of Truth. Just thought some of you might like to know! :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

sweatybrain said:
good luck guys. I remember waiting for my score last October. I was doing someting on the confocal microscope and literally screamed so loudly that the microscope vibrated!

I was curious do you get the scores mid-day or is it more like as soon as the date changes to the 16th. I am freaking out and I don't know why! :laugh:

Anyways I am with yall!

Peace

Tahir

tazaman said:
I was curious do you get the scores mid-day or is it more like as soon as the date changes to the 16th. I am freaking out and I don't know why! :laugh:

Anyways I am with yall!

Peace

Tahir

I'm getting nervous because most people I know (and SDNers) seems to be getting nervous . Must stay away from my friends and SDN.

LowlyPremed said:
I'm getting nervous because most people I know (and SDNers) seems to be getting nervous . Must stay away from my friends and SDN.
I'm addicted....believe it or not and sad as it may be, SDN is the only thing that's preventing me from having a major breakdown

Members don't see this ad :)
RAD11 said:
I'm addicted....believe it or not and sad as it may be, SDN is the only thing that's preventing me from having a major breakdown

Try exercising or some other physical activity. It might help.

RAD11 said:

me too

godspeed everyone. and remember, having to take the mcat twice is not "the end of the world" as one applicant told me. she scored six points higher on her second-go and will now be attending the pritzker school of medicine (U of Chicago) in the fall.

let all the earth know our velocity!

- beta

This is my second time taknig it....so lets hope i gain six more points on this go round.

As for time, I'm not sure. I remember for the TMDSAS applicant match it came out on February 1....like february 1 at 12:01am....so who knows...perhaps aamc has taken a cue from them.

okayplayer said:
Is this Tahir from WSU? If so, good luck bro. This is Jake, by the way, we took the MCAT together.

Whats up jake... yeah this website is good for venting anxiety. I just need a time to expect it so I don't stay up all night. Is that too much to ask for :scared: :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Must be nearing the day of reckoning, I've never seen over 70+ users signed in to the MCAT forum. Lately it's been more like 20-30.

time...time....no one knows the time the scores will be on the website?
trying to decide if it's worth it to keep a midnight vigil for tonight.
freaking out.

Does anyone else find themselves recollecting all the mistakes they made while taking the MCAT....I had to guess on 1 and hlaf verbal passages by just skimming the text instead of reading it.....its haunting me day and night, well at least for the past 2 days..ughhh this is the worst feeling ever!

and whats worse is thisis my 3rd time...and last ...I think
Hey bhagwan!!!

Taj said:
Does anyone else find themselves recollecting all the mistakes they made while taking the MCAT....I had to guess on 1 and hlaf verbal passages by just skimming the text instead of reading it.....its haunting me day and night, well at least for the past 2 days..ughhh this is the worst feeling ever!

Hey bhagwan!!!

thats normal dont worry, after all the questions I answered right on my mcat I was haunted by about 5... I looked up the answers to those 5 and I had made the wrong choice for all of them. its just human nature, i overlooked the other 100+ I got right and only remembered the mistakes. Dont worry!

I don't know about this time, but last october, a bunch of august mcaters stayed up on the night that the score was rumored to be posted and nothing happened (except that I drank a lot). The score came out the next day around 2 p.m. I remembered that the AAMC log in page specifically stated the time when the score would be released.

Good luck everyone. Just one more day :)

i am at work, and today i have not done a single thing. cant focus on anything. i don't know how i'm going to operate tomorrow.

sweatybrain said:
I don't know about this time, but last october, a bunch of august mcaters stayed up on the night that the score was rumored to be posted and nothing happened (except that I drank a lot). The score came out the next day around 2 p.m. I remembered that the AAMC log in page specifically stated the time when the score would be released.

Good luck everyone. Just one more day :)

the night mine came out it was hilarious the way they were updating that site. there we're literally messages like "scores will be loaded in the next 15 minutes" and then something like "anytime now...". I almost died when I saw the "anytime now..." message. :laugh:

Arsenic810 said:
the night mine came out it was hilarious the way they were updating that site. there we're literally messages like "scores will be loaded in the next 15 minutes" and then something like "anytime now...". I almost died when I saw the "anytime now..." message. :laugh:
Was that last April? Because that sounds familiar. :laugh:

Good :luck: to everyone! :)

I did a quick search of April MCAT threads from last year. It looks like they actually posted scores on the evening BEFORE the official date. Sounds like they really don't have a set time for posting scores, since last August's results weren't posted until the afternoon of the posted date.

Taj said:

Hey bhagwan!!!

I did the same thing on verbal...except i just guessed- didn't even have a chance to skim...oh it's haunting me like no other

blee said:
I did a quick search of April MCAT threads from last year. It looks like they actually posted scores on the evening BEFORE the official date. Sounds like they really don't have a set time for posting scores, since last August's results weren't posted until the afternoon of the posted date.

Last april i remember doing them doing something like this. Perhaps to clean up some of the traffic, they may release it a couple of hours beforehand so anal pre-meds like us will get out of the way.

Arsenic810 said:
:laugh:

no, it was october 2003. it must have been the same IT people loading the scores though, at least they tried to calm us down.
Heh.

You know, the med education process seems like one big gut-churning event after another:

- The MCAT & score release
- Submission of your apps and response
- The Texas match for those of us in the Lone Star State
- Acceptance/rejection/waitlist for others
- Step I & score release
- Residency app/interview/match
- Step II & score release
- Step III & score release
- Board certifcation prep, test, and score release
- Fellowship app/interview/selection or rejection.

:scared:

I think I'm gonna go be an English teacher or something...... :idea:

Evo,

They had a similar script to what Arsenic was describing, when we had to wait for scores in October 2004. So I think it is true of every administration. I think they like to mess with us.

EvoDevo said:
Heh.

You know, the med education process seems like one big gut-churning event after another:

- Step I & score release

Remember the big picture. There will be more good days than bad. Its just the anxiety talking. Two weeks from now if someone ask us what it was like waiting for the score, we'll probably say something like "I was nervous but it wasn't that big of a deal."

Only if I could believe that crap that I just said, I'd be a whole lot less nervous. :eek: :eek: :eek: :scared: :scared:

EvoDevo said:
Heh.

- Step I & score release

A former MCAT teacher said it beautifully when he was discussing his Personal statement. He's greek, so he was telling me in a poem from The tales of Odesius (sp??) there was a bit about the following:

it said: It is not about the final finish line, but the journey to getting there. For it is the journey to the finish line where you learned the most and gained the most. The finish line is only the icing on the cake.

There will always be the good days and the bad days. Some days we feel like giving up. Other days we remember why we are glad we chose the profession we chose. If a person wants something bad enough, they learn from the obstacles and move forward.

gujuDoc said:
If a person wants something bad enough, they learn from the obstacles and move forward.

All the people I've talked to have said one thing repeatedly.....you should not care. If you care about all these things that evodevo said in his post and get all nervous and anxoius life will be a real downer...because when you're done with all those steps you'll realize you just gave up a significant amount of your life worrying...i guess gujju doc is right, if you want somethin bad enough you should just keep at it regardless of the outcome.

that said.....I HAVE CHEWED OFF ALL MY FINGERNAILS!

LowlyPremed said:
Remember the big picture. There will be more good days than bad. Its just the anxiety talking. Two weeks from now if someone ask us what it was like waiting for the score, we'll probably say something like "I was nervous but it wasn't that big of a deal."

Only if I could believe that crap that I just said, I'd be a whole lot less nervous. :eek: :eek: :eek: :scared: :scared:
Oh, I've already been through the first couple of those. The next fun event is Step I. Just making commentary about how the experience never changes, just the name of the trial. :\ ;) :thumbup:

gujuDoc said:
A former MCAT teacher said it beautifully when he was discussing his Personal statement. He's greek, so he was telling me in a poem from The tales of Odesius (sp??) there was a bit about the following:

it said: It is not about the final finish line, but the journey to getting there. For it is the journey to the finish line where you learned the most and gained the most. The finish line is only the icing on the cake.

There will always be the good days and the bad days. Some days we feel like giving up. Other days we remember why we are glad we chose the profession we chose. If a person wants something bad enough, they learn from the obstacles and move forward.
:)

See my signature links. :thumbup:

I will be moving into my new apartment at 5pm today while I wait for my score. I'm not sure if I want to know or not, if I don't know, then I can still have sweet dreams about getting into Baylor or something like that. Poooo, but if I do know, then I can effectively decide on which schools to spend my application fee on. This student doctor net is quite friendly, I enjoyed reading you guys's posts, some are very comical.

The message says something else now:

The April 2005 scores will be available here on Thursday, June 16 (i.e., tomorrow).

The bold part is new!

Clocks said:
The message says something else now:

The April 2005 scores will be available here on Thursday, June 16 (i.e., tomorrow).

The bold part is new!

I think that bold part is meant for those of us who have lost all track of time and civilization while curling up in the corner in a fetal position. (in the dark...of course next to a computer)

Taj said:
I think that bold part is meant for those of us who have lost all track of time and civilization while curling up in the corner in a fetal position. (in the dark...of course next to a computer)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sounds like me and 90% of the rest of us on here.

Clocks said:

This thing is insane

I've lost all my sanity. I'm already well aware of that!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

At least I held out better this past 2 months then last time. The first time, I was checking almost every day. This time, I only checked every now and then until the last few weeks came about.

We all have gone to the brink of insanity with this waiting. I can't wait for it to be over; for better or for worse.

BoogieGnome said:
Every 15 minutes. It’s an automated task. Seriously. :D

so it is midnight?? or is it 2 pm?

....i cant eat, watch movies...or work on my personal statement (Which sucks anyway)

so i think I'll go bowling. I hope I dont kill someone accidentally with the balls :confused: :scared: ...the MCAT should have a disclaimer " do not operate heavy machinery while waiting for results" :smuggrin:

Those that will be taking the test by computer have it made... they will have their scores back much sooner. Not fair to us!! Only gives us a story to tell about the "old days."

I'll admit: I'm a nervous wreck.