April 2006 or August 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plrae12

studentforlife
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

It's my first time taking the MCAT and i'm planning on taking it in APril 2006. I'm sure someone has asked this question before but from your experiences when is the best time to take the MCAT? April or August? One of the medical school advisors told me that it is best to take it in APril. Does that increase your chance of getting in?...it's just that i'm taking my last 2 pre-reqs this Spring + i work + study for the MCAT??? I want to make sure that i do well and not just make it a "just see how it is" exam.

I would really appreciate your opinions.

Plrae12 :)

Members don't see this ad.

If you wanna increase your chances of getting in next cycle, April. You will be delayed in the process if you take it in August.

zero2hero said:
If you wanna increase your chances of getting in next cycle, April. You will be delayed in the process if you take it in August.

Thanks, that makes more sense. Time is ticking and i don't want to be delayed any longer.

plrae12 said:
Thanks, that makes more sense. Time is ticking and i don't want to be delayed any longer.

if you take it in april and are taking a science pre-reqs and working, you should probably have a light load in the spring semester, like 3 or 4 classes, if you really want to concentrate on studying.