April 2012 MCAT (April 5th or the 13th)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NNM

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone taking MCAT on either of these dates? If yes, I am thinking about forming a group (I know it's a bit early, but hey, better to start early on this thing, right?), you can post questions and such any issue with the MCAT study.

Members don't see this ad.

I am. I was thinking the same thing. Starting to study soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am going to take it on April 13th! Have you guys started studying yet?

I'm taking it on April 5th, this is a retake for me. Starting a modified SN2ed 3 month plan TOMORROW!

Good luck everyone, lets try to keep each other motivate. Eye on the prize.

I'm with you all here. Taking it on the 13th. I started sn2's 4 month study plan about a week ago.....its brutal.

Taking it April 5th! This is my only shot as I'm applying this cycle. I am going home for Xmas break, then getting my study on hardcore.

This is a retake for me. *sigh* But i"ll be taking mine on Friday the 13th. :) I've already started studying. I'm using EK and TBR.

I'm retaking April 13th and started with SN2ed's 4 month schedule. It's great to have a motivated group. Good Luck Everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I also ordered Nova Physics last night.

Good stuff. I really got a lot out of that.

I credit NOVA with my 11 PS last go around. I certainly didn't get it because of my EK Gen chem knowledge. Egad...

Their content is really good. Their passages are okay. Good practice.

Just signed up for my MCAT. Today will be day 1 for studying for me. I hope to be using a combination of TBR, TPR and EK along with its corresponding 1001 books. I am also working full time in a lab and not taking any classes since I had graduated in May of 2011. Let us all do well and when we get our results may we all post our strategies for achieving a 30+.

Just signed up for my MCAT. Today will be day 1 for studying for me. I hope to be using a combination of TBR, TPR and EK along with its corresponding 1001 books. I am also working full time in a lab and not taking any classes since I had graduated in May of 2011. Let us all do well and when we get our results may we all post our strategies for achieving a 30+.

Awesome!!! :thumbup::)

I just signed up today too and have been doing some light review using old kaplan material before starting SN2's 3 month schedule in January. I was just wondering how long it takes for TBR materials to actually arrive as I'm sending in my order form tomorrow and live in NY.

Hello everyone! I am taking the MCATs on the May 12 since My TPR MCAT prep class ends on April 23, and i will the rest of the days until the test to do more practice tests. Who lives in NYC and wants to form a study group?

I credit NOVA with my 11 PS last go around. I certainly didn't get it because of my EK Gen chem knowledge. Egad....

hey I'm using Nova but getting only about 70 something percent of the qz right the first time i do each section. what percent did you get right when u went thru nova. your input would be super appreciated :)

What I do that helps me a lot is I read TPR material and review the sciences since I took them 3 years ago, and when it is a slow day at work I listen to Audio Osmosis that EK released. There are lots of similarities between what Audio Osmosis and TPR cover in terms of the topics, and some of the things the Audio Osmosis talk about is easier to understand than TPR and vise versa.

Does anyone find it helpful to go over the same notes daily, or to just do more practice questions. Don't worry, I'm doing practice questions daily as well. I'm just wondering if its also beneficial to go over the same notes daily in order to retain content information.

hey I'm using Nova but getting only about 70 something percent of the qz right the first time i do each section. what percent did you get right when u went thru nova. your input would be super appreciated :)

I uh... never did much practice last time.

Which is probably why I only got an 11. Seriously.

Just make sure you know what you're getting wrong and aren't falling into the same traps, then life is good!

Ok, so I guess we are all in the same boat regarding the testing date. How did you all want to get together and study? Where do you all live?Do you guys suggest using Skype? How many times/week?

We have to answer all of these questions if we are to make any "group" progress I think. So your corporation would be great!

April 28th here, starting 4 month today. I'm a non-trad that has to work and judging by these posts, the schedule is brutal! I have to wait until the 10th for my BR books to come in, but I'm gonna glance through the other material I ordered.

I was just wondering how long it takes for TBR materials to actually arrive as I'm sending in my order form tomorrow and live in NY.

I sent my order in around December 19th (before the holidays), and I'm getting them on Jan 10th.

April 28th here, starting 4 month today. I'm a non-trad that has to work and judging by these posts, the schedule is brutal! I have to wait until the 10th for my BR books to come in, but I'm gonna glance through the other material I ordered.

I sent my order in around December 19th (before the holidays), and I'm getting them on Jan 10th.

really? I sent my order in on the 29th and I just got an email last night saying it'll be here on or before the 6th (this friday). and I'm on the very far east coast

and to op, april 13th here, started studying last week.

How weird, I'm in NY. They must ship in batches...they just shipped mine today (got email yesterday) with on-delivery with UPS for the 10th. I'm actually kind of scared since this is one full week without me doing anything, and I already "missed" my 4 buffer days (vacation until NYE). F***! Though, if my test day is on April 28th...I'm technically early, 4 month? Barely.

I'm also a non-trad taking the test on April 28th- I'll be working full time, volunteering, and taking a class as well, so this should be interesting. I've been doing some content review over the past few months as it's been ages since I had any undergrad science. I'm starting a modified 4 month SN2d plan tonight, but using EK as it's more efficient/cheaper than TBR. Half terrified, half trying to pretend it's not THAT big a deal.

I'm also a non-trad taking the test on April 28th- I'll be working full time, volunteering, and taking a class as well, so this should be interesting. I've been doing some content review over the past few months as it's been ages since I had any undergrad science. I'm starting a modified 4 month SN2d plan tonight, but using EK as it's more efficient/cheaper than TBR. Half terrified, half trying to pretend it's not THAT big a deal.

EK isn't really cheaper if you take into account all of the passages TBR has. EK full set costs $110 I think? The science books for TBR cost ~$270 with shipping and have way more passages than EK. :)

I'm hoping I'll get that e-mail from tbr. Luckily my next door neighbor/best friend also used the SN2 schedule for his test last year so he's letting me use his tbr and ek materials until mine arrive. I missed the buffer days as well as new years eve was more of a 3 day new years weekend but I figured i'd try and get the fun out of my system until after April 5th. Today was my first day doing tbr physics 1 so good luck to those who have already started, started today, or are starting very soon.

Hey, i'm new on here! been lurking in the shadows for a while now (tehehe). I'm taking the test on April 28th and im currently in TPR LiveOnline prep course and also using EK and BR Bio (still waiting on this one)! Goodluck everyone!

EK isn't really cheaper if you take into account all of the passages TBR has. EK full set costs $110 I think? The science books for TBR cost ~$270 with shipping and have way more passages than EK. :)

right, which is still $160 more- which for some folks is a lot of money. I don't really need a ton of passage work, on the practice tests I've taken, I'm only missing questions on content I haven't gotten to yet, not because I had difficulty using the passages.

I'm signed up for April 5th MCAT too!
Started studying already - Yee buddy

Hello! Best of luck to everyone! :)

I live in Philadelphia and want to start/join an MCAT study group. I'm taking the MCAT in late April... anyone else interested?

Uh, oh god. I'm taking TPR, and I just did the first chapter in Physics. Got 2/7 and 3/7 on the end of chapter quizzes. This does NOT bode well at all. ****. I haven't taken these subjects in well over 2 years but holy hell I was not expecting to do this badly...it's only going to get worse as I have to memorize more and more......

I'm going to do a ton of practice questions. I'm going to get this....hopefully....

I'm a non-trad, working a FT job in a lab and PT in a restaurant. I've been trying hard to keep up but it's tough. I am really glad I found a copy of TBR books. They are an excellent study source. I've been waking up and studying from 7-9, working 9-6, and then studying from 8-10:30 PM. April 5th is in 92 days, yikes. /rant

I have BR and TPR for my April 5th MCAT....the good news is that my test is at 1pm so at least I don't have to wake up early.

taking the April 5th on Westbury, NY... this is a retake so lets hope I can get it right this time! Good luck guys, and if anyone wants to study thats in my area feel free to message me!

Just signed up for the April 13th Test! FYI - SN2ed's 3 month schedule starts tomorrow in order for you to end on the 13th. I'll be starting it, I'm just debating if I want to start typing my own notes or not. I'm thinking it will help me stay focused even though it will take more time. Is anyone else just beginning the SN2ed 3 mo schedule?