1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

April 7 MCAT

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by MedNet, Apr 9, 2007.

1. MedNet

Pre-Medical
    Physical Sciences section

Were there too many calculations? Can anyone provide any info on how the Phy section was?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MSTPbound

MSTPbound student
    Moderator Emeritus 2+ Year Member

Post Doc
    I don't remember any tough number crunching. Mostly simple calculations and being able to predict the effect of changes in variables on certain relationships. I would say there were no real surprises here but pleasant ones. In fact, I don't think I even remember a question testing circuits, which was one of the few areas I was really concerned about.

I do remember quite a bit of wave and atomic phenomena. I think. :)

4. MedNet

Pre-Medical
    Anything else?

I am really nervous about the Phy sciences section. What should I be revisting? I am taking the April 16 one

5. Patel1268

Patel1268 New Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    For me, it felt like 50% was calculation. but i dont know. there were topic in physics such as waves, sound, pressure and things in chem such as electrochem, and redox. it wasn't as bad i thought it would be so as long as you know your basic material for phys science, i think youll be fine. its bio that id work on cause you never know when there a discrete that you couldve gotten right had you studied an extra bit on a certain topic.