April 7 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedNet

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Physical Sciences section

Were there too many calculations? Can anyone provide any info on how the Phy section was?

Members don't see this ad.

Physical Sciences section

Were there too many calculations? Can anyone provide any info on how the Phy section was?

I don't remember any tough number crunching. Mostly simple calculations and being able to predict the effect of changes in variables on certain relationships. I would say there were no real surprises here but pleasant ones. In fact, I don't think I even remember a question testing circuits, which was one of the few areas I was really concerned about.

I do remember quite a bit of wave and atomic phenomena. I think. :)

Anything else?

I am really nervous about the Phy sciences section. What should I be revisting? I am taking the April 16 one

For me, it felt like 50% was calculation. but i dont know. there were topic in physics such as waves, sound, pressure and things in chem such as electrochem, and redox. it wasn't as bad i thought it would be so as long as you know your basic material for phys science, i think youll be fine. its bio that id work on cause you never know when there a discrete that you couldve gotten right had you studied an extra bit on a certain topic.