APRIL AND JULY MCATs, or only JULY MCAT???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sassy24673

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:) Thanks to SDN in advance for replying to my post! :)

I am currently a second year graduate student in an MPH program. As far as MCATs, I am signed up to take the MCAT in 2 weeks (April 12th), but so far I have been scoring in the 25-27 range. This past quarter has been really hectic and time-consuming for me, and I didn't have as much time to study as I wanted or thought I would. I planned on taking the MCAT in April, and then registering to take the MCAT again in July (so I would take it twice and have the experience going into it from April exam). But, I would still submit my AMCAS app in June so it could start getting processed.

My question is, should I go ahead and take the MCAT twice (April and July) to get a feel for it during the April one, or should I just reschedule my test for July only if I feel I can do better (just take it once)?

Any advice, or ppl in the same boat?

Thanks so much! :p

Members don't see this ad.

I would definitely postpone the date and take it once. All you really need to "experience" the test is to take a full length CBT from AMCAS! I just wouldn't risk it. I think if you study for a couple more months, you'll be in excellent shape this summer to take the MCAT :)

P.S. This is coming from a person who is studying, again, and retaking the MCAT. Let me tell you, it's worse the second time around! Ideally, I wish I could have taken it once and been done with it! :D

Good luck! :luck: