1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

APRIL AND JULY MCATs, or only JULY MCAT???

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by sassy24673, Mar 28, 2007.

1. sassy24673

sassy24673 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    :) Thanks to SDN in advance for replying to my post! :)

I am currently a second year graduate student in an MPH program. As far as MCATs, I am signed up to take the MCAT in 2 weeks (April 12th), but so far I have been scoring in the 25-27 range. This past quarter has been really hectic and time-consuming for me, and I didn't have as much time to study as I wanted or thought I would. I planned on taking the MCAT in April, and then registering to take the MCAT again in July (so I would take it twice and have the experience going into it from April exam). But, I would still submit my AMCAS app in June so it could start getting processed.

My question is, should I go ahead and take the MCAT twice (April and July) to get a feel for it during the April one, or should I just reschedule my test for July only if I feel I can do better (just take it once)?

Any advice, or ppl in the same boat?

Thanks so much! :p

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. prionsRbad

prionsRbad Mooooo
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I would definitely postpone the date and take it once. All you really need to "experience" the test is to take a full length CBT from AMCAS! I just wouldn't risk it. I think if you study for a couple more months, you'll be in excellent shape this summer to take the MCAT :)

P.S. This is coming from a person who is studying, again, and retaking the MCAT. Let me tell you, it's worse the second time around! Ideally, I wish I could have taken it once and been done with it! :D

Good luck! :luck:

4. Darkshooter326

Darkshooter326 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    No, there are practice tests for a reason

Yes.:thumbup: