April Approaching...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OrGoMan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, here is the deal.. There is around 10 weeks left, and I don't know gen chem or physics too well.. So, I have a new strategy. No more reading from the review book, trying to understand the concepts, instead I will do lots and lots of passages. Kaplan, ek, BR, aamc, etc. I figure by doing this I will see every type of question and concept they can throw at me, and I will gain a better understanding of the topics and I will see the important Questions they will ask. You guys have to agree, that with physical sciences there are only maybe 25 really important topics we have to know, and NOT in great detail so the best way to go in my opinion; is to do lots and lots of questions which will show you the main type of questions aamc can ask. So, with this method I expect to get maybe, 2 wrong per passage on the real thing, on average. 11 passage, 22 wrong. That would be around a 10 on PS? Feel free to blast my theory.

Members don't see this ad.

In terms of strategy I was thinking of doing that...but just to be sure I'm gonna run through the material once more and then practice my eyes out

Dude, I'm telling you.. I think this is the way to go. There are only, maybe 5 ways to test the most important things on gases.. I figure with 10 full length kaplans, 10 full length EK's, like 7 full length aamc's, 10 full length BR's and all the topicals from the kaplan center.. I think we will hit every type of god damn question or idea they can possibly dream up on gases. Same goes for the other topics.

Members don't see this ad :)
OrgoMan,

I actually think that could be a pretty good way to go. But, I'm reluctant to advise anyone as everyone's different. As long as you go back, and review the questions, you can learn well that way. Then, if you still don't understand, you can go to a text or prep company book for further clarification.

I'm following the EK schedule to a T, but this works for me as I like that it lays out the schedule for me. But, I think your system could be effective.

Regardless, good luck and keep working hard. You can make serious gains in short periods of time.

Excellent plan.

However, do not go into the exam thinking you must get less than 2 questions wrong per passage. You will encounter passages that make no sense to you. If you spend 30 minutes on these difficult passages thinking you must get less than 2 wrong, you will fail the physical science section.

It is important to go into the test with confidence. Read the passages, answer the question as best you can and move on. If you read 5 consecutive questions that make no sense to you, pick the best answers and move on. Do not spend more than couple minutes per question.

One thing to watch out for is the conceptual questions. There are many of them on the mcat and they can be very very tough.

OrGoMan said:
Ok, here is the deal.. There is around 10 weeks left, and I don't know gen chem or physics too well.. So, I have a new strategy. No more reading from the review book, trying to understand the concepts, instead I will do lots and lots of passages. Kaplan, ek, BR, aamc, etc. I figure by doing this I will see every type of question and concept they can throw at me, and I will gain a better understanding of the topics and I will see the important Questions they will ask. You guys have to agree, that with physical sciences there are only maybe 25 really important topics we have to know, and NOT in great detail so the best way to go in my opinion; is to do lots and lots of questions which will show you the main type of questions aamc can ask. So, with this method I expect to get maybe, 2 wrong per passage on the real thing, on average. 11 passage, 22 wrong. That would be around a 10 on PS? Feel free to blast my theory.

Yeah, I think as long as I read the explanations, i'll get the jist of all the topics.

I did that on the bio. cuz i mean, u could learn all the orgo u wanted to, but if u dun know how to apply it....