1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

april mcat for september 06 start?????????

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by MSc44, Nov 26, 2005.

1. does anyone know if i can apply to DO school foe september 06 however im not taking the mcats till april 06 i have a high UG GPA and a 4.0 graduate gpA
    specifically nycom

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. HunterGatherer

HunterGatherer HunterGatherer
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    If you want to start school in Fall 2006 you are probably out of luck if you did not take the MCATs yet. I'm not even sure if ACOMAS will take April 06 grades for this application cycle since those grades are not available until June/July. Maybe you have a compelling situation so you can always call NYCOM.

4. Jezzielin

Jezzielin Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    No. If April '06 is your first MCAT, you can't possibly apply for the entering class of 2006/2010, even if you have a high GPA. You will have to apply for the 2007/2011 class.

5. dr.z

Physician 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think this would be the case also.

6. OSUdoc08

OSUdoc08 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Medical Student
    You must take the MCAT during the summer a year prior to matriculation. This is the rule, which cannot be changed.

Your application wouldn't be complete until at least the end of June, and it will have been several months since the interview season will have closed (most end in March.)