april mcat for september 06 start?????????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

MSc44

does anyone know if i can apply to DO school foe september 06 however im not taking the mcats till april 06 i have a high UG GPA and a 4.0 graduate gpA
specifically nycom

Members don't see this ad.

If you want to start school in Fall 2006 you are probably out of luck if you did not take the MCATs yet. I'm not even sure if ACOMAS will take April 06 grades for this application cycle since those grades are not available until June/July. Maybe you have a compelling situation so you can always call NYCOM.

MSc44 said:
does anyone know if i can apply to DO school foe september 06 however im not taking the mcats till april 06 i have a high UG GPA and a 4.0 graduate gpA
specifically nycom

MSc44 said:
specifically nycom

No. If April '06 is your first MCAT, you can't possibly apply for the entering class of 2006/2010, even if you have a high GPA. You will have to apply for the 2007/2011 class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Jezzielin said:
No. If April '06 is your first MCAT, you can't possibly apply for the entering class of 2006/2010. You will have to apply for the 2007/2011 class.

I think this would be the case also.

MSc44 said:
specifically nycom

You must take the MCAT during the summer a year prior to matriculation. This is the rule, which cannot be changed.

Your application wouldn't be complete until at least the end of June, and it will have been several months since the interview season will have closed (most end in March.)