April MCAT Scores avaliable ONLINE!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beachdude

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just received in the mail today from AAMC that the MCAT scores from April will be avaliable online around June 7, 2002. You need to log in and they give you your own password....the only catch is that it costs $15.00...

Hope this helps! Only have to wait 2 more weeks!

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, I find this an extreme insult to all those who took this past April MCAT. In my opinion, the AUDACITY of the AAMC to make money off of our anxiety is deplorable! For the money that we pay to take the MCAT they should just drop the fee!!!!

Fred

It is deplorable, but rather helpful to someone like me who because of deadline reasons, needs the scores early. My question is this: who would actually NOT view their scores early>???? who would choose to wait??? everyone and their mothers are going to be viewing online early!

exactly where do i log on and get a password. i didnt see anything on the aamc site. give detailed instructions.

thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
all it says is that the scores will be posted and that we'll be able to log in on or Around (dumb aamc) June 7, 2002....

The password is given to you in the mail....but whats really dumb is that we'll be able to access that site on the same day they begin mailing the scores!

I think what they're doing is great and I don't think it's deplorable... none of us understand how much it probably costs AAMC to do what it does. It might seem like htey have little overhead costs, but we don't know.

One of the greatest leasons I learned was when I found out that when you go to the movie theatre only a very small percentage of the ticket price goes to the theatre... the rest goes to the movie producers, actors, etc... Turns out that the only way they make enough money to stay profitable is by the sales at the snack bar. So all the time I thought they were exploiting me by charged $3 for a candy bar they really weren't... they had to to stay in business.

So the lesson of the day is... don't judge companies so quickly... very few of us are business majors and even fewer of us actually knows how any given business works, how much overhead costs they have, or how much profit they actually make.

:D

•••quote:•••Originally posted by relatively prime:
•I think what they're doing is great and I don't think it's deplorable... none of us understand how much it probably costs AAMC to do what it does. It might seem like htey have little overhead costs, but we don't know.

One of the greatest leasons I learned was when I found out that when you go to the movie theatre only a very small percentage of the ticket price goes to the theatre... the rest goes to the movie producers, actors, etc... Turns out that the only way they make enough money to stay profitable is by the sales at the snack bar. So all the time I thought they were exploiting me by charged $3 for a candy bar they really weren't... they had to to stay in business.

So the lesson of the day is... don't judge companies so quickly... very few of us are business majors and even fewer of us actually knows how any given business works, how much overhead costs they have, or how much profit they actually make.

:D •••••that's a good point and I agree with you for the most part. that being said I still hate AAMC. :)