APRIL MCAT scores not recieved by AACOMAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

green thicket

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone would know if I am going about this wrong:
After receiving my April MCAT Scores I had them released/sent to AACOMAS by logging onto MCAT THx. Well, they are recorded as released/completed however when I log onto AACOMAS and view my application when I attempt to print it, there is no updated April MCAT score up yet and its been nearly three weeks. I have already emailed AACOMAS and am still waiting for a reply. But should I just send them out to the individual schools that I am applying to? (I actually released me scores twice to AACOMAS thinking I didnt do it properly- but then I checked the history of my score releases and both requests are "complete"). I have not received any secondaries from any schools yet, and I am beginning to wonder if it might be due to no April MCAT score? Has anyone else had this problem? Is it just that AACOMAS takes a while to process this kind of thing? :confused:

my app was completed on 6/26- but since schools dont recieve them until july anyways, wouldnt they update the electronic app with my score when I had released them days prior to it ( on 6/19 released scores).

Members don't see this ad.

green thicket said:
After receiving my April MCAT Scores I had them released/sent to AACOMAS by logging onto MCAT THx. Well, they are recorded as released/completed however when I log onto AACOMAS and view my application when I attempt to print it, there is no updated April MCAT score up yet and its been nearly three weeks. I have already emailed AACOMAS and am still waiting for a reply. But should I just send them out to the individual schools that I am applying to? (I actually released me scores twice to AACOMAS thinking I didnt do it properly- but then I checked the history of my score releases and both requests are "complete"). I have not received any secondaries from any schools yet, and I am beginning to wonder if it might be due to no April MCAT score? Has anyone else had this problem? Is it just that AACOMAS takes a while to process this kind of thing? :confused:

my app was completed on 6/26- but since schools dont recieve them until july anyways, wouldnt they update the electronic app with my score when I had released them days prior to it ( on 6/19 released scores).
You have to release your score to AACOMAS NOT to the individual schools. You can try and release your score to AACOMAS again. I would also give them a call first thing Monday morning to see what's going on. Sometimes they are slow with updating their website or just overlooked your application. I had to call them a couple of times when I applied in '05. They're actually pretty nice.

where do you see if AACOMAS has received the MCAT score from AAMC? I haven't submitted my AACOMAS primary yet.. do i need to wait until i send it before i can see that AACOMAS has received it?

Members don't see this ad :)
cee said:
where do you see if AACOMAS has received the MCAT score from AAMC? I haven't submitted my AACOMAS primary yet.. do i need to wait until i send it before i can see that AACOMAS has received it?
It's in the status page of your online application AFTER you submit it. They have to get paid before you'll see anything. :D

green thicket said:

I have the same issue. I submitted AACOMAS on 6/5, but didn't do the score release until 6/26. It's saying "No data submitted" in the MCAT section when I print my application. I think we just have to be patient.

FutureDocDO said:
It's in the status page of your online application AFTER you submit it. They have to get paid before you'll see anything. :D

I am really confused. I have MCAT information there under the MCAT section, but I had self-reported my score. Under status, there is only payments, designations, gpa, and transcripts. I don't where to check if my scores have been received. I paid about 10 days ago, so they "got paid."

DRKUBA said:
I am really confused. I have MCAT information there under the MCAT section, but I had self-reported my score. Under status, there is only payments, designations, gpa, and transcripts. I don't where to check if my scores have been received. I paid about 10 days ago, so they "got paid."

I already submitted my app and paid, but I didn´t realease my scores to them...how do i do it? I looked around a bit and would look more but im out of the country and dont have much time search.
Thanks.

joueaupluie said:
I already submitted my app and paid, but I didn´t realease my scores to them...how do i do it? I looked around a bit and would look more but im out of the country and dont have much time search.
Thanks.

Go here: https://services.aamc.org/mcatthx/

1. Log on.
2. Click on "Send all of my scores" Link.
3. Under Application Services, Click on first one: "American Assoc. of Colleges of Osteopathic Med. App. Serv."
4. Click "Add".

I just called AACOM and they received my score, but he told me that none of the official April scores are showing on the applications yet. He said they hope to have them up online by the end of the week but not worry because if we released the scores then they have been received. Just thought I would share.

christvida said:
I just called AACOM and they received my score, but he told me that none of the official April scores are showing on the applications yet. He said they hope to have them up online by the end of the week but not worry because if we released the scores then they have been received. Just thought I would share.

I also called and got the same response, they said they do have my scores.

DRKUBA said:
Anybody see a confirmed MCAT score on their apps? What does this look like?

Make sure you list your SS number on your AACOMAS application. They use this to match up your MCAT score to your application...I was not aware of this and I pretty sure that is what caused the delay.

BREAKING NEWS!~BREAKING NEWS!~BREAKING NEWS!~BREAKING NEWS!~

So i just checked my AACOMAS for the 80th time today and there is a new box under STATUS called OFFICIAL MCAT SCORES
if I click I get a new window that confirms my April MCAT scores that I sent thru THx.

So for all us wondering if they really got them---they did as confirmed by phone calls but now its up there!!!

Good Luck!

DRKUBA said:

Hey Kuba-
Did you use the same personal statement for MD and DO? Just asking since I saw you applying to both schools.