April MCAT tester taking TPR

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by panicking, Feb 19, 2002.

1. panicking

panicking Junior Member

My score on the test I is a little bit strange (V12,B8,P6).
    The physical sciences section is quite difficult to me.
    I'd like to know your opinions on this test I.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Original

Original Ogori-Magongo Warrior

You're golden. The science scores are much more easy to improve than the verbal score. I would even go as far as to say you are in a position to break a 40 with ease. Work dem sciences. Congrats!

4. Original

Original Ogori-Magongo Warrior

Bust your @ss on the PS section. Read for a deep grassroots and conceptual understanding. After this, do a sh!t load of practice problems and ALWAYS go back to check what you missed. I can do physics in my sleep but can't read for sh!t. But hey! You're golden.

5. Street Philosopher

Wow 12 on Verbal! That's AWESOME, especially for their impossible diags! 8 & 6 aren't too shabby for the first TPR diag either. A little work and you're well on your way if you ask me.

6. PMPMD

PMPMD 4G MD
    Physician Faculty

Attending Physician
    Everyone in my TPR MCAT class did poorly on the first test. I got a 19 (V4,B6,P9). I brought this up to V11,B9,P11 on the real thing. I would say you're doing fine. I agree that the verbal is harder to raise than the sciences for most people. BTW, if you're going to skip one of the diag tests, DON'T skip the last one before the real test. Each diag test gets harder and harder, until that last one, which is a real MCAT from a past year. The first one you take is harder than the real MCAT. When you take that last diag test, your score will skyrocket, I went from low 20s to a 30, which is about what I got on the real thing. It really boosts your confidence.