April MCATers Need Advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GreekPre-Med

GreekPre-Med
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

I am an April MCATer, and I want to start a thread on issues that we will all face once the dreaded day arrives. I really think that we can depend on those people who took the exam previously to give us an accurate picture of what we will be faced with. That being said, I have a few questions that are likely to address many of our concerns.

1.) Kaplan tests are harder than the real thing from what I gather. Some of the physics questions are so involved- requiring memorization of formulas that are so minute they don't even appear in my physics textbook. Did you see anything on the MCAT that blew you out of the water and wished you would have studied more on the PS section?

2.) EXAMKRACKERS- Everyone on this site has heard the raves. Some of us have bought the books. How can we sort out the BS? Was there stuff not covered by those books that was on the real deal? I find their practice 30 minute tests to be very hard?!??! Is their book stuff harder than the real MCAT, or in fact very similar?

3.) MCAT physics. What do you wish you knew that you weren't prepared for?

4.) AAMC practice tests. How close to your score was the real deal?

5.) Some of us on this site are not naturally good test takers. If you aren't one of the gifted and brilliant, share your strategies with us that struggle with the material.

Thanks alot

Greek Pre-Med

Members don't see this ad.

You've read through past posts? Look particularly around a date 60 days after the last two administrations. There are long, long threads showing what everyone's scores were and what their practice scores were.

dreaded day? i am going to make love to the mcat, caress it, cuddle it...i can't wait to see the questions sparkle as i saunter through the physical characteristics of the biological sand verbalizing poetry of how fun the practice of human medicine is going to be....oh mcat, the gate to the happiness of my heart, the window to my passion.

oh come on, have fun with the test...