APRIL MCATers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DiverDoc

KCUMB 2012
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone gettin nervous yet? I sure as hell am. I cannot stop frantically studying and worrying about the beast.

Members don't see this ad.

nervous^3 here. Im curious how much I can cram into 5 weeks. Lets hope its enough!

I was doing MCAT passages in my dream last night. I am truly sick. Just the thought of April 7th makes me want to puke

I am getting nervous as well but I am getting excited also. I am looking forward to getting it done and over with. I don't want to have to see these 4 letters again. I am a retaker so Lord willing this time will be my last. How do yall plan to attack these last 5 weeks?

Members don't see this ad :)
same here...im a retaker and I'm going to go to the bar after the beast and drink every brain cell that involves the MCAT into non-existance! Just starting practice test...doing all the aamc cbts and constantly writtiing the formulas over and over...later ya'll

yes i'm very nervous but at the same time i can't wait for it to just be OVER!

Anyone gettin nervous yet? I sure as hell am. I cannot stop frantically studying and worrying about the beast.

Very nervous,

luckily(?) I have physics and orgo exams to keep me occupied as well, so I'm more worried about getting the study time in than fretting about the actual exam!

Im getting nervous too. I have been trying to do this all on my own with out any courses, and Im wondering how you guys are going about studying. My plan of attack so far: TPR cracking the mcat book (just finished going through it), and all of the 1001 series books (chem, physics, orgo, biology, and the verbal). So far I've just made it through 3 verbal tests, 200 bio questions and 100 or so chem questions. I plan to do around 115 a day from these books to get all 4105 questions done (I dream big:p ).

So far the only practice tests Ive taken have been the free ones, kaplan and AAMC 3R. I took the kaplan before any studying and got a 22 (6p 8v 8b) and I just took the 3R on monday and got a 29 (10p 8v 11b). I plan on doing the rest of the AAMC series before the big day, April 16th.

How are you guys doing so far? What techniques are you using?

I'm taking the MCAT in April too. Unfortuneately for me, I'm starting to feel a decrease in motivation. And because I'm studying less and less, I feel like each day that passes, more of the stuff that I studied becomes forgotten. :scared: I know I'm going to kick myself a week before the mcats when I realize how much more I should have studied.

I'm taking the MCAT in April too. Unfortuneately for me, I'm starting to feel a decrease in motivation. And because I'm studying less and less, I feel like each day that passes, more of the stuff that I studied becomes forgotten. :scared: I know I'm going to kick myself a week before the mcats when I realize how much more I should have studied.

I'm feeling that decrease too...I was going to take the test in Aug. and felt the same thing about a month before and so I decided to postpone. My most recent score went down from a 34 to a 29, probably because I'm not putting in the time....I don't know what to do or how to motivate myself. I should be scared ****l*ess but I'm not. It's just really depressing to see your score go down. :thumbdown: I think I'll go sulk now.

I feel the same, lol. April 16th is coming too fast and can't get here fast enough! Some days I can study and others I just don't want to think about it. I really find myself just wanting to take tests but I am not good enough fo that yet. I will take on every week from here on out but I need to do more than that.

it was coming too fast for me, my original date of april 12 i postponed to may 16th, after i got a 17 on my stupid kaplans 1st full length, not the diagnostic.

and here i am, about to go swimming at a buddy's house in this 90* weather. fawkin' ey. and i have 3 finals on wednesday. lol.