APRIL OR JUNE MCAT? need objective opinions :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hjk123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am registered to take the MCAT on April 27th, but I'm looking at my schedule for the semester and I'm beginning to get a little worried about being ready in time. Considering taking the MCAT June 20th instead. Do you think this is too late to be competitive?

This is what my semester is looking like:

Physiology, Physics II, English400, and one other easy class (14 credits)
16 hours a week working as an ER scribe
6 hours volunteer tutoring adults
3 hour MCAT prep class 2x a week

Do you think it would be worse to have a lower MCAT score and be able to apply early, or have a slightly better score and apply later? I'm aiming for 31-33ish.

Members don't see this ad.

I am registered to take the MCAT on April 27th, but I'm looking at my schedule for the semester and I'm beginning to get a little worried about being ready in time. Considering taking the MCAT June 20th instead. Do you think this is too late to be competitive?

Do you think it would be worse to have a lower MCAT score and be able to apply early, or have a slightly better score and apply later? I'm aiming for 31-33ish.

You should know more than anyone how much prep you need. If you've aced your premed classes, have a solid GPA, and a good foundation already set for your MCAT prep, the April 27th date is viable.

I don't think the June 20th date is that late, assuming you get verified and your LoRs in before then, so as soon as your MCAT scores come in your primary application is sent out.

My $.02

Better score, apply later. Never rush on the process. Get it right the first time.