1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

apropos LOR requirements

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by goldenstandard2, May 11, 2008.

1. goldenstandard2

Removed

when you say it says "science faculty" on the description of LOR requirements, does the LOR need to be from a prof that you have taken a class with, or can it be any science faculty member who knows you and can speak on your values/aptitude? Also, does the science faculty member have to be from your host institution, or could it be from a university where you did a summer of research, for example?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. iA-MD2013

Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i think it has to be from a prof who's taught you. but if you can get a good letter from a science faculty member (who hasn't taught you), go for it!

4. SirGecko

SirGecko Go Navy
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    What my school says is that you have to have two science/engineering professors and one other professor all that have actually had you in a class and are from your institution. (I think they say one can be from independent research if you want but still from the school) If you can get another recommendation from that guy at a different school it can't hurt but I'd plan on getting those letter from the professors you have actually had classes with as well.

5. alwaysaangel

5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    It has to be someone who taught you. You can use a PI for the non-academic requirements.