APS 2009 Convention

Discussion in 'Psychology [Psy.D. / Ph.D.]' started by Borderline, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Borderline

Borderline *Insert Witty Title*
    2+ Year Member

Psychology Student
    Is anyone going to the APS convention in May?

My paper on Self Injury got accepted for a poster presentation, but they haven't told me what day yet. Just curious if anyone else had been accepted or was going just for kicks.

2. RSclinical

2+ Year Member

Pre-Psychology
    Congrats on the paper acceptance! I will hopefully be going... just for kicks. :)

3. Cigolon

5+ Year Member

I'm kicking myself for not putting anything in but I have too many other conferences to go to this year and my money is a bit limited given how far I have to travel for them. Congrats.

4. thirdeye99

2+ Year Member

Psychology Student
    I was co-author on an abstract re: predictors of discontinuation in trials of antidepressant treatment in adults with diabetes accepted as a poster for the APS meeting. I'm guessing the lead author + PI will be going and presenting, but not sure I will be.

I think my abstract examining predictors of response in the same trial data (submitted to American Diabetes Association meeting) will have a better chance at getting accepted for oral presentation. So I'm doubting the dept will agree to pay for me to go to both, so probably just the ADA conference this year for me.

5. psych08

2+ Year Member

Psychology Student
    I will be there as well! I am actually going to be on a student panel. This will be my 3rd APS convention, but my first convention not being on the student board so I am looking forward to the free time!

6. RejectClinical

7+ Year Member

I got accepted: Effect of Video Imagery on Balance Beam Performance

I much rather would have gotten accepted to a graduate school...
    oh well