APSA 4th Annual Meeting - Early Registration Ends April 11, 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freddytn

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On behalf of the American Physician Scientists Association, it is my pleasure to invite you to the 4th Annual Meeting of the American Physician Scientists Association which will be held in conjunction with the American Society for Clinical Investigation and the Association of American Physicians.

This promises to be yet another stellar meeting as this will be the ASCI's centennial meeting. So save the date!!! April 25-27, 2008. Information will be available on the APSA Meetings Page (http://www.physicianscientists.org/Meetings.html) as it becomes available.

Members don't see this ad.

On behalf of the American Physician Scientists Association, it is my great pleasure to invite you to register for the 4th Annual Meeting to be held on April 25-27, 2008. This conference provides an exceptional opportunity to bring together future physician-scientists with leaders in the field from the American Society of Clinical Investigation and the Association of American Physicians to exchange ideas and information as well as for students to pursue mentorship and professional advice. The value of one-on-one interactions with colleagues in training and the exposure to current leaders in various fields are invaluable resources, and as such, APSA has decided to continue to hold its meeting with the ASCI, AAP, CSCR, and MWAFMR to provide these same forums of interactions and discussion in a highly accessible fashion.

The APSA meeting is held concurrently with the ASCI/AAP Joint Annual Meeting and the CSCR/MWAFMR Combined Annual Meeting which you have full access to as an APSA Member. This affords you the great opportunity to meet and network with the nation's leading physician-scientists through a variety of planned events including receptions and mentoring breakfasts. To further one-on-one interactions with leading physician-scientists, attendees will have the opportunity to present their scientific research at the ASCI Poster Session, and the CSCR/MWAFMR Poster Session. The substantial program includes Mentorship Breakfasts as well as an interactive luncheon with medical residency directors. Additionally the the ASCI/AAP Joint Meeting also promises to bring an excellent set of speakers where many of its membership will return for the 100th Meeting of the ASCI.

The APSA Annual Meeting will focus on exposing members to the different career paths of physician-scientists in academia, industry, the government, health policy and global health through keynote sessions, career workshops, mentoring events and social events. Speakers represent every major field of medicine, academia, NIH, and industry. This year we have a great program lined up with world-renowned speakers including Albert Lasker Laureates, MacArthur Foundation "Genius Grant" recipient, NIH Institute Directors, National Academy of Science members, National Institutes of Medicine members, leaders from industry and leaders in public/global health. In addition to our keynote events, we have three career development workshops and numerous social events. The APSA will continue to hold its career panel on post-graduate opportunities and have added a residents panel along with a career development workshop on negotiation skills and conflict resolution.

Here is some important information pertaining to the meeting:

APSA 2008 Annual Meeting Web Site
http://meeting.physicianscientists.org

All important information regarding the meeting will be regularly updated on the Annual Meeting Website so check back often.

APSA 2008 Registration Web Site
http://registration.physicianscientists.org

Early registration is now open online for $35.00 until April 11. Late registration will commence on April 12th through the meeting for $80.00 and are limited based on space / funmding availability.

Please note that the ASCI and APSA Meetings will take place at the Fairmont Hotel (April 25-27), while the CSCR/MWAFMR Combined Annual Meeting will take place at the Mid-America Club (April 24-25). Conference registration is now open at a reduced price of $35.00 and is available at this web address: http://registration.physicianscientists.org/. Please come out and have a wonderful time with us and your colleagues from across the nation. We look forward to seeing you there.

Sincerely,

Freddy Nguyen
President, Founder
American Physician Scientists Association

Did anyone here attend this? How was it?

I attended, and I had a poster at the ASCI poster session as well.

It was a great experience, and I'm surprised more people on this board don't take advantage of a fantastic educational and networking opportunity like this.

It was pretty mind-boggling to be in a room with so many physician scientists.

I also attended the ASCI dinner on Friday night. I'm not sure exactly how I got invited, since I was one of about 3 students in a room of about 200 people with more capital letters after their names than I could fathom. It was a great experience overall. I'd definately recommend it to others in the future.

I probably ended up meeting many of the mentors of people on this board :)