Aptnonyms: Actual Names of Practicing Dentists! LOL!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smilemaker100

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
These are "aptonyms" or "aptronyms" which are the perfect mating of a person's name and his occupation .

These are actual names of practicing dentists :eek: :laugh:

Dr.Pullman, Dr De Kay Dr.Filler, Dr.Fear, Dr.Rensch (pronounced wrench), Dr.Pick, Dr.Tusk, Dr. Drewel (pronounced "drool"), Dr.Tucek (2thChk), Dr.Chu, Dr.Shugar, Dr.Pic, Dr Les Plack, Dr.Fang, Dr.Butcher, Dr.Harm, Dr.Hurter, Dr.Toothaker, Dr.Lynch, Dr.Root, Dr.Nasti, Dr.Paine/Payne/Pain (15 entries but notably Dr.Daryl B Payne = "There Will Be Pain"), Dr.Smiley, Dr.Schotz, Dr.Hale (pronounced "hell" in southern), Dr.Bliss, Dr.Lancit, Dr.Gager, Dr. Eke, Dr. J.A.W, Dr. Spits, Dr. Mollar, Dr. Swallow, Dr. Yankum, Dr.Toothman,
Dr . Screech, Dr. Phil Ing, Dr. Watamaniuk, Dr. McCavity

The ad for Dr Chui

http://humor.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?

Dr. Samuel Comfort, Dentist, has been comforting his patients for
many years now, in the town of Haddonfield, New Jersey, USA

An oral surgeon's firm: Fear, Small, Pickens & Hitchcock (that has got to be THE best one LOL! ) :laugh: especially Fear & Hitchcock...lol

Members don't see this ad.

Dr.Daryl B Payne ... classic

I got my wisdoms pulled by a Dr. Stitch

Members don't see this ad :)
kato999 said:
I got my wisdoms pulled by a Dr. Stitch

Some more :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dr. Hertz, a recently retired dentist in Ft. Lauderdale
Dr. Slaughter, an oral surgeon
Dr. Bitt
Dr Yankelovich

Dr. Aichen, a dentist who was advertising himself as a "painless dentist"

"From Maine: There was once a dentist in Windham named Toothacre."

"My dentist's name is Dr. Fungoose Fut."

"My aunt taught at a college when I was a kid. One of her students, first name Nova, married a dentist, Dr. Kane."

"My childhood dentist was named Dr. Fillmore."

"It's a shame Dr. Dick and a dentist, once stationed in Cold Lake, Alberta, didn't get together and open a Urology practice. The dentist's name? Major Leek."

" One time a dentist named Dr. Kool prescribed pain killers over the phone for me when I was suffering from a botched root canal (by another dentist). "
-Patient testimonial

"Years ago my children's dentist belonged to a small practice that included a Dr. Grinder"

"While I served in the US Navy, I had a dentist with the name of Dr. Richard Finger. I see that now there is one by that name at the University of North Carolina. At least he didn't go into Proctology!"

"I lived in Chula Vista CA for several years and we had a dentist there whose name was Dr. Speedy Nutz. I don't know where it came from but it has always stuck in my mind."

Dr. Maybe

"No joke, in Rockford, IL there is an Oral Surgeon named Dr. Wonderlick"

MANY Payne dentists LOL! :laugh:
Dr.Ian D Payne, Birmingham
Dr. Julia Payne, Manchester
Dr.Kenton Clifford Payne, Lymington
Dr. Robert Mitchell Payne, Stourbridge
Dr. Trevor Malcolm Payne, London

my nickname's Dr. Wonderlick :laugh:
i only kid

There is an orthodontist in Ft. Lauderdale named Dr. Tight. :)

-Mike

mike3kgt said:
There is an orthodontist in Ft. Lauderdale named Dr. Tight. :)

-Mike

mike3kgt said:
There is an orthodontist in Ft. Lauderdale named Dr. Tight.

-Mike

:laugh:
Other ones: Dr. Lipkiss Dr. Lipp, Dr. Lips

In London there's a dentist called Blood-Smyth

"My husband's dentist was Dr. Hertz who's office was on Payne Avenue"

Dr Robert L. Capps , dentist (ad in Greenville, NC, Daily Reflector)

A good one..."My dentist Dr. Chandler had a daughter named Crystal. Imagine the response when Crystal Chandler married Robert Lear. She became Crystal Chandler Lear."

Tombstone humor: Here lies John B. Cudd, DMD (dentist) filling his last cavity.

How about a fictional names for dentists: Dennis Toffice , Ginger Vitis, Kay Neine, Candy Barr ,Candy Kane, Ophelia Payne, Pearl E. Gates, Pearl E. White , Hy Gene, Ivan Odor, Justin Credible, Karen Maintenance, Kay Ken Coffee, Ken U. Diggit, Ken U. Seemee, Kenny Dewitt, Lorraine Inspain. Lou Stooth, Manuel Dexterity, Morgana Pheeling, Payne N. Sofren, Royal Payne, Uta Mann, Uta Payne

"Some while ago in a nearby city two doctors were in practice together whose children we all hoped would join them. One was Jack Chitty, the other Cameron Bangs. Had they been joined by their progeny, they could have had the Chitty-Chitty-Bangs Bangs Clinic"

One of my favorite people in the world is my orthodontist from Santa Fe, New Mexico, Dr Shackel.

I had my appendix taken out by a Dr. Guttman.

Troof. :cool:

ip said:
I had my appendix taken out by a Dr. Guttman.

Troof. :cool:

My tonsils were taken out by Dr. Davis.

An old dentist of mine was Dr. Smiley :laugh:

An oral surgeon I shadowed while I was in college name was Dr. Ripp :eek: :D

On a famous name category, the former president of the Ct State Dental Association is Dr. Tom Brady. Let's just say that he NEVER has a tough time getting a good hotel room at The Yankee Dental Congress in Boston each year ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
This takes the cake. My dentists name is...

Lou Smoller

in Manhasset, Long Island.

DrJeff said:
An oral surgeon I shadowed while I was in college name was Dr. Ripp :eek: :D

On a famous name category, the former president of the Ct State Dental Association is Dr. Tom Brady. Let's just say that he NEVER has a tough time getting a good hotel room at The Yankee Dental Congress in Boston each year ;)

Dr. Ripp? :laugh:

Sorry, Dr. Jeff, but as I only spent one year in CT, I am not familiar with many people from the dentistry community there. I don't know this Dr. Brady.

My urologist's name was Dr. Freely. First name: Irene. Middle initial: P. You guessed it! Dr. urologist, I. P. Freely.

Ok, I just made that up! just thought that it was funny!

Last edited:
Not a dentist, but a patient was just assigned to my friend. His name:

Fu K Yu

No lie. When my friend called to schedule the appointment, the patient said to call him Steven.

There used to be a family of doctors at a local hospital with the last name "Superdoc". Guess with a last name like that, medicine seems like the only profession for you. :rolleyes:

I also usedto know a Dr. Ecke (pronounce ICK!)

Dr Joynt is head of admissions at UB

We also have Dr. Mohl who wrote your occlusion text.

Dr Ferry (first name not Tooth) teaches dent. anatomy

Dr. Gross who is now deceased but whe have a room and scholarship named in his honor (heard he was a great man)

Not a dentist, but a patient was just assigned to my friend. His name:

Fu K Yu

No lie. When my friend called to schedule the appointment, the patient said to call him Steven.

I still cannot stop laughing. That's awesome! :banana:

reo, you love pulling up threads from the dead:laugh:
good find

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: This thread is so funny!

Saw this sign in 6 Flags Texas:
O. I . Hurt
Painless Dentist

Making this one up-
I. P. Daily
Urologist.

No lie, in Layton, Utah there is a gynecologist named Dr. Fillerup.

Got an orthopaedic surgeon friend named Dr Cable

No lie, in Layton, Utah there is a gynecologist named Dr. Fillerup.

I'm from Utah and just asked my wife about this. She confirmed. Change your damn name! :laugh:

There is this lady doctor named Dr. Rigor who married an accountant named Mr. Mortiz. The Rigor-Mortiz nuptials might have elicited a few chuckles, but I would imagine the lady doctor could have chosen just one surname.

Although not dentists, I met these people when I was living in Manila, Philippines:

Jocelyn Saliva--secretary to the Knights of Columbus office, and

Mr. Labasdilla--which sounds like "stick out your tongue" in Tagalog language--a security officer.

A dentist named Virginia Masikip used to practice in Manila. "Masikip" is Tagalog for "tight". Virginia Tight? She should've been a gynecologist.

How about Dr. Halley Toziz? Made that one up.

Ivorinedust

"Apolonia, relieve my toothache!"

Last edited: