Archaeology counting in science gpa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Supernatural17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey does anyone know if an archaeology course counts in your science gpa? The course is an anthropology course at my school and the title of the course is "Introduction to Archaeology". aacomas lists biological anthropology as a "other science" course and the course im taking is under the anthropology department of my school. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey does anyone know if an archaeology course counts in your science gpa? The course is an anthropology course at my school and the title of the course is "Introduction to Archaeology". aacomas lists biological anthropology as a "other science" course and the course im taking is under the anthropology department of my school. Thanks
similar situation and I'm pretty sure the answer is "no". Biological anthropology and physical anthropology are somewhat interchangeable terms and are really used to describe evolution courses. Arch is totally different.

This link should help with course classification. Looks like anthropology is listed under behavioral sciences which is listed under non-science GPA.

help.unicas.com:8888/aacomasHelpPages/instructions/academic-history-2/aacomas-course-subjects/index.html

Members don't see this ad :)
That's NOT science.