ARCOM vs WCUCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

janexixixi

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I got accepted to both ARCOM and WCUCOM so I would like to ask you guys for advice on which school I should attend. There are a few factors that are personally important to me:

1. Residency placement: I want to ask which school has better residency placement currently and possibly in the future? I am not sure which specialty I want to go into yet, but I want to go to a school that prepares me well for any specialty (and has the availability as well).

2. Research:
WCUCOM: has very very minimal research opportunities.
ARCOM: has the largest research FACILITY in the nation as a DO school. However, I want to know if ARCOM actually has enough faculty who are utilizing the facility to conduct research(I've only heard about that one NIH awarded faculty)? I ask this because when I asked ARCOM students most of them seemed clueless and said that they were not involved with research.

3. Curriculum:
WCUCOM: curriculum is built around board style
ARCOM: has this so-called helix curriculum (which some people said was weird?)

4. Quality of Education/Instructor:
WCUCOM: I heard they have good instructors who are currently practicing and not obligated to do research?
ARCOM: I am not sure about how well their instructors are. But during my interview I encountered a professor who gave out a very boring lecture (I almost fell asleep).

5. Amount of OMM class time required:
Does anyone know which school has less dedicated time for OMM/OPP?

Thank you for taking your time to help me decide which school to go to!

Members don't see this ad.

Research opportunities will be minimal at both schools. When you do not have a robust pool of technicians, post-docs, graduate students, etc, it is extremely difficult to sustain research at any significant level.