Are AAMC Practice Items Comparable To The Real MCAT? (NOT AAMC Exams)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premed315U

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you find the AAMC Practice Items similar to the real MCAT in difficulty? I did the 30 physical sciences passages so far, and am going to do the biological sciences next. I think it was definitely helpful to review all of the different type of questions, but I'm wondering if understanding all of the questions/concepts/answers from the practice items prepared you well for the real MCAT.

Thank you for any opinions/advice etc!! :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

they are easier than the real thing and outdated. but they are stil good practice. I did them too...i think the verbal passages are really good practice

The verbal ones are great, PS and BS less so. But still useful.

Like I said on one of your 10000 other threads, all MCATs are very similar. If you understand what kind of question they ask, you can study the right material and prepare better.

Dude, you can post all of these questions in one thread. We will read it. You don't need a gazillion threads to get our attention. If someone wants to help you answer mcat questions they wil read your thread. No need to take over the board.

my 2 cents :)

but seriously, try not to worry about these little things and just keep on studying, you'll be fine :D