Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Are AAMC Practice Items good indicators of the difficulty of the real MCAT?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Premed315U, Mar 18, 2002.

1. Premed315U

Premed315U Senior Member

I'm wondering if I should gage the AAMC Practice Items as a true indicator or the real test, or if they are easier than the real test? I'm not asking about the AAMC exams, but the "Practice Items" for bio, physical sciences, as well as verbal.

Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Wednesday

Wednesday Senior Member

Attending Physician
    They are easier.

4. UCLA2000

Attending Physician
    they are generally easier but you should expect the same kinds of stuff to be covered on the mcat.

5. Street Philosopher

anyone try aamc 5 or 6 yet?

6. imtiaz

imtiaz i cant translate stupid
    Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    if youre talking about the genuine AAMC practice tests, they are real MCATs from previous years. no other practice test is more accurate. they tend to be easier, especially the earlier ones, so take the latest one last just before you go to take the real thing, it will give you a good idea of what you can expect. good luck!

7. Doctora Foxy

Medical Student
    The practice science items are easier and are outdated. The mcat styles change from year to year, so don't expect the real thing to be like these practice items. On the other hand, I think they are good practice for doing passages, and the verbal passages are still pretty close. I used all of them. The science ones are also good to test basic knowledge, even of the style is slightly different from the real deal.