1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

are adcoms working today?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by brandonite, Jan 21, 2002.

1. brandonite

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Quick question...

I know today is Martin Luther King day in the US, but is that a holiday for everyone? I want to know if I should be hoping to hear from schools (Yale!!) everytime I check my email, or if I should just postpone my hopes until tomorrow. :D Do you all have the day off from school?

Wishing he had a holiday,

Brandonite. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. UCLA2000

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Mail does not go out on MLK day....so even IF the ADCOMS were working (which they are not) mail would not be sent out. So take a few days and relax.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ray22

Ray22 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

ucla2000 i have just received an email from adcoms this morning so i guess it is not holiday for everyone. Good luck

4. sundevil1

sundevil1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

whether or not it is a state holiday depends on what state you are in, so some schools may be working, others may not.

5. go_chisox

go_chisox Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Acutally, it is a state holiday everywhere (New Hampshire was the last state to officially make it a state holiday in 1999) so whether or not a school adcom is working is up to the individuals at the school adcom.

6. shorrin

shorrin the ninth doctor
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    u of chicago is working. grrr

7. sundevil1

sundevil1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

sorry about the bad info., I didn't think every state had it as a holiday since arizona didn't until a few years ago. Well, I'm working today so I don't see why they shouldn't.

8. UCLA2000

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I received many emails from med schools on Sunday night at like midnight....

It's possible that I'm wrong, but I believe that they are not working today.