are adcoms working today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brandonite

Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question...

I know today is Martin Luther King day in the US, but is that a holiday for everyone? I want to know if I should be hoping to hear from schools (Yale!!) everytime I check my email, or if I should just postpone my hopes until tomorrow. :D Do you all have the day off from school?

Wishing he had a holiday,

Brandonite. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Mail does not go out on MLK day....so even IF the ADCOMS were working (which they are not) mail would not be sent out. So take a few days and relax.

ucla2000 i have just received an email from adcoms this morning so i guess it is not holiday for everyone. Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
whether or not it is a state holiday depends on what state you are in, so some schools may be working, others may not.

Acutally, it is a state holiday everywhere (New Hampshire was the last state to officially make it a state holiday in 1999) so whether or not a school adcom is working is up to the individuals at the school adcom.

u of chicago is working. grrr

sorry about the bad info., I didn't think every state had it as a holiday since arizona didn't until a few years ago. Well, I'm working today so I don't see why they shouldn't.

I received many emails from med schools on Sunday night at like midnight....

It's possible that I'm wrong, but I believe that they are not working today.