are all blood pressure medications diuretics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

equilibr8

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
are all BP meds (anti-hypertensives) diuretics?

Members don't see this ad.

No.

Hydralazine, propranolol, atenolol, metoprolol, labetalol, prazosin, clonidine, nicardipine, verapamil, papaverine, nimodipine, nitroprusside, nitroglycerin, and many others are not.

are all BP meds (anti-hypertensives) diuretics?

954-not-sure-if-serious.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
This should be moved to the pre-allo section.

I will never get tired of this image.

Wow, dude, you're almost done with your second year and you had to ask this question? Are you getting you going to medical school at the University of Phoenix, by any chance?

Last edited:
HCT even does a chunk of it's anti-htn work by acting on ATP dep. K+ channels and vasodilating.

I will never get tired of this image.

Wow, dude, you're almost done with your second year and you had to ask this question? Are you getting you going to medical school at the University of Phoenix, by any chance?

There is no way this is a second year question...its either a first year or pre-allo for sure.

High school kid, maybe undergrad, making you do his/her homework. That's my guess.

High school kid, maybe undergrad, making you do his/her homework. That's my guess.

No, this guy is real. Look at his posts. Which is going to make it really funny when he comes back and reads all these posts.

Ok its Friday night!! Some other major HTN categories are

Ace inhibitors
Alpha 2 adrenergic agonist
Alpha blockers
Angiotensin receptor blockers
Beta Blockers
Calcium channel blockers
Central acting agents
Direct acting vasodilators

Reserpine is a dinosaur

These are just a few. Hope this helps.

Last edited: