Are all DO's members of the AOA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hmania

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if ALL osteopathic physicians are registered members of the AOA? out of curiosity.:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks, I was looking for DO to shadow in my area from the AOA, but there are only a few.

good luck! :)

I found several offices in my area that I just dropped of a CV and my personal statement to and had several DO's happy to let me shadow.

on the same thread, are DO schools that technical to where they would check to see if the name of the DO on your PS is legit?

I'm worried b/c the physician I shadowed isnt with aoa

on the same thread, are DO schools that technical to where they would check to see if the name of the DO on your PS is legit?

They can check the name of the physician very easily as it is public information. Furthermore you will not be penalized for shadowing a DO who is not part of the AOA. In fact it neither matters, nor should be any of your concern.

I hope for your sake that DO is legit because it take two seconds for a school to find out and often they check. This is the first and easiest why to check your character. If this comes up suspect they will dig through the rest of your app looking for holes and other not so legit claims.

he is, thanx for the lookout