Are any of the licensing board exams easier?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheSandlapper

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So are any of the test, cita, srta, wreb etc, easier than the others? Are there any states that have alternate pathways to licensure out of school, asides from an AEGD?

Members don't see this ad.

I took WREB back in the day and they told us statistically that the pass rate was 90-95%. Out of a class of 100 students, the odds are in your favor! I think the pass rate for my class was around 95% as well.

Not 100% sure but I know California was experimenting with a portfolio based process versus a board exam.

I had a few friends that went through ADEX and it sounded like the pass rate was lower.

When I was in school SRTA (ADEX) was harder than WREB. More requirements and stricter criteria. CITA/ NERB fell under ADEX during that time so they were both the same. The fact they are making it easier to get licensed amazes me. I don’t think these patient/ board exams were perfect, but School requirements have reduced; from what I have seen standards have reduced; and now the licensing hurdle seems lower.

I recently took ADEX. The examiners are pretty chill and if you ask questions they will answer or even give you some instructions/hints. The restorative portion is on manikin now which is a huge relief (you still have the option to do patient-based restorative and perio but why?). The majority of my class pass with ease.

Reactions: 1 user