1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Are Chad's Videos enough?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by ciestar, 10.01.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. ciestar

ciestar 2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    I have a little over a month until my MCAT. I want to be finished with my content review by October 7th. This only gives me about a week, and I'm kinda doubting I'll finish it all the traditional way. So that's where Chad comes in. I have a subscription to his videos. Is using these and only these to finish my content review in a more timely manner a bad idea? I'm starting to worry and I absolutely cannot postpone again…

Took AAMC 3 without finishing (just about 2/3 done with the Kaplan set when it took this, no physics part II though, but I'm just about finished with the physics section). Got a 25 (8/9/8). The passages on waves and harmonic motion completely killed me in PS. Another passage in BS kinda got me since simply forgot about my lab techniques. I feel like that score can obviously be improved upon when i finish what i need to.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. stitchattack

stitchattack

Pre-Medical
    I'll be done with Chad's videos by Oct 7th too. So far from what I've seen, if you're practicing with other sources while watching those videos, you should be pretty good on your content. I've been doing practice with TBR and TPR while watching Chad's videos on the side. I did my content review with EK and Chad goes more into content than EK (for most of the stuff) IMO. Do the SAs and if you score at least in the 70% or higher, your content is probably pretty good so you'll just have to start doing more practice. I feel your pain about not having enough time though.

4. Aerus

Aerus Elemental Alchemist 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    hSDN
    hSDN
    Alumni
    Chad's videos might make understanding some concepts easier, but I wouldn't rely on it solely. What is your content review regimen like?

5. ciestar

ciestar 2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    It's kaplans program. You might not be familiar with it but here's how it goes: they have a written chapter for each topic. Some are much longer than others. They're then followed up with chapter review quizzes. Some chapters what are called workshops which is just basically a summary of the chapter and another quiz. Then there's the topicals after that. I really like those and they're all more passage based. I'm just doing their program and I have the science workbook from TPR if I need it.

6. csx

csx 2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I thought Chad was only good with Gchem/Ochem.

7. mspeedwagon

mspeedwagon 7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    No, absolutely not. They are a good starting point to make sure you have the basics down, but you want to get in a lot of practice passages. Also, review the AAMC content outlines to make sure you have covered all topics (Chad does skim over or not adequately cover several topics).

8. izchief360

izchief360 2+ Year Member

IMHO, Chad + TPRHSW + TPR Verbal + AAMC FLs = :thumbup:

ciestar likes this.
  9. ciestar

ciestar 2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    This isn't a replacement for passages or anything. Just to expedite the process so I don't have to spend so much time reading and more time practicing.

10. mspeedwagon

mspeedwagon 7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    If you want to do it quickly:
    - Watch Chad's videos and do the quizzes.
    - Read over the AAMC outlines. Review items you aren't familiar with.
    - Choose a secondary review source and read through it (EK is you have a strong background otherwise any of the others).
    - Plenty of practice (I skimped here a bit and greatly regret it). I didn't use it but the PR Science Workbook and EK 1o1 for Verbal are the most recommended.
    - Ace the MCAT.

11. bararaboi

bararaboi 2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    They're enough, but I'd only use them as a supplementary resource. Used them when I didn't understand a certain subject. Used TPR+Chad and got a 39.

puppylatte likes this.
  12. puppylatte

puppylatte

Non-Student
    As someone who doesn't intend to engage in the self-flaggelation that is the SN2 schedule, it's very encouraging to read this.

About the ads