Are computers manditory yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
I am about to upgrade my computer and am wondering if some schools have made them manditory or recommended laptop or desktop? I know that Nova requires the law students to have a laptop, but I am not sure about the med programs. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hip

Members don't see this ad.

At Western University/COMP...they are mandatory, they use them at UNECOM as well....
I am not sure about other schools though....none of the other Osteopathic schools require them that I am aware of...if there are specific schools you are interested in..you shoudl contact them directly....

I believe computers are required at LECOM, KCOM, and UHS started requiring them this year too.

Members don't see this ad :)
WVSOM requires laptops before you go on rotations.

Billie

Originally posted by hippuppy:
•Drewdo, So I guess that would be laptops? Please explain.

Thanks,
Hippuppy•

LECOM and KCOM are hard-wired for laptops in their lecture rooms and I believe require or strongly recommend first-years have laptops. UHS, where I'm starting this fall, sent me a letter recently explaining that computers will be required starting this year and have allowed an extra $1500 (Fed loan budget) for a desktop or $2000 for a laptop. They want you to be able to routinely access their intranet, but I'm not sure if they've hard-wired the lecture rooms yet or if they are even planning on it.

UNECOM is setup with the traditional LAN system as well as the wireless LAN. They reqire everyone to have a laptop.

AZCOM strongly recommends laptops.