Are CRNA's absolute c#%ts? Or what?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Frank Nutter

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in primary care, but my significant other is in surgery and has had quite a few run-ins with know-it-all bossy CRNAs on her various rotations at community hospitals. Some real disrespect thrown her way, even by surgical training standards. I've found MD anesthesiologists (all 2 that I met in med school) on the other hand to be pretty chill. So what is the deal? Are CRNA's the cancerous insecure a$s4oles of the pseudo-professional medical field? Please share your experiences.

Members don't see this ad.

popcorn-blank.gif

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I remember when trolling meant something. RIP Misterio.

Reactions: 7 users
I remember when trolling meant something. RIP Misterio.

Agreed. When I was a resident, trolls worked HARD. They didn't have to be constantly complimented on their trolling, because they knew it was their job. If they came to a thread unprepared, I simply would not let them troll in.

These days, trolls are lazy. They get to threads late and they leave early. Often, I beat them to the threads, and I have to make the trollish comments myself...and they're not even embarrassed about this. They're more entitled, as if it's my job to come find them whenever a really interesting thread comes up with a good opportunity to troll.

Anyway, I'm not even surprised that there are no other trolls in this thread. They're probably taking their mandatory nap.....

Merry Christmas!

Reactions: 13 users
Agreed. When I was a resident, trolls worked HARD. They didn't have to be constantly complimented on their trolling, because they knew it was their job. If they came to a thread unprepared, I simply would not let them troll in.

These days, trolls are lazy. They get to threads late and they leave early. Often, I beat them to the threads, and I have to make the trollish comments myself...and they're not even embarrassed about this. They're more entitled, as if it's my job to come find them whenever a really interesting thread comes up with a good opportunity to troll.

Anyway, I'm not even surprised that there are no other trolls in this thread. They're probably taking their mandatory nap.....

Merry Christmas!

@Winged Scapula

In this new era on SDN in which micro aggressions are not tolerated and the delicate sensitivities of every millennial catered to, why are posters allowed to use such foul language without consequence????

10/10 posts

Reactions: 1 users
@Winged Scapula

In this new era on SDN in which micro aggressions are not tolerated and the delicate sensitivities of every millennial catered to, why are posters allowed to use such foul language without consequence????
LOL...

well its been a ****crazy**** busy month and now I'm relaxing in the South Pacific so cannot be bothered by petty little micro-aggressions although I agree that the particular term used (or thinly veiled) in the title is considered offensive to most.

Like most of you have noted, back in the day trolls really worked at it...it wasn't enough to just post some inflammatory statements or foul language. Kids these days.

Reactions: 5 users
LOL...

well its been a ****crazy**** busy month and now I'm relaxing in the South Pacific so cannot be bothered by petty little micro-aggressions although I agree that the particular term used (or thinly veiled) in the title is considered offensive to most.

Like most of you have noted, back in the day trolls really worked at it...it wasn't enough to just post some inflammatory statements or foul language. Kids these days.

Fiji or Tahiti?

Reactions: 1 user
LOL...

take me

WS -

I did honeymoon at Hilton Moorea and then 4S Bora Bora. Simply wonderful. Just need the time to get back...I'm so jealous of you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is that one of those over the water hotel rooms? I'm jealous!

Maybe one day we'll get a trip to Tahiti...
Yep - at nighttime here, the grey tipped reef sharks come out and swim under the bungalows.

Look what we just saw through the glass bottomed floor: we were jumping around like school girls

Attachments

• Spotted Eagle Ray.jpg
    Spotted Eagle Ray.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 118
WS -

Was that pic from your in-room glass bottom spot at Hilton Moorea? There's a small bar by the bungalows (unfortunately closed when I was there) where a TON of sharks come around early evening/dinner time. Awesome. The black tips are rumored not to attack humans; I went swimming with a bunch while there...let me see if I can find those pics...

Yep, not an aquarium. They come in at night because of the lights under the bungalows.

The shark pic is from the Toatea Creperie/Bar. I've swam with them and grey tips before; they are very docile.

The spotted eagle ray was swimming under my bungalow so that picture is from the deck; the ones through the glass bottom floor didn't turn out as well, even with the flash off. At the hotel in Bora, you could open the glass and drop food in!

Last edited:
WS -

Was that pic from your in-room glass bottom spot at Hilton Moorea? There's a small bar by the bungalows (unfortunately closed when I was there) where a TON of sharks come around early evening/dinner time. Awesome. The black tips are rumored not to attack humans; I went swimming with a bunch while there...let me see if I can find those pics...

We swam with some black tips at the great barrier reef. They went about their business and we did ours. I have one photo somewhere...

Reactions: 1 users
Famous last words...!

Um, you guys....can we please stop talking about the beach and get back to how horrible CRNAs are? I can't channel my anger into SDN poetry when you keep posting pictures of the beautiful ocean.

If this thread keeps getting derailed, we'll never fulfill Godwin's Law.....

WS -

I did honeymoon at Hilton Moorea and then 4S Bora Bora. Simply wonderful. Just need the time to get back...I'm so jealous of you!
Thought about doing our honeymoon at the four seasons in bora bora until I saw they were 1k+ USD a night! Was it worth it?

Well it's been nice knowing you guys...SS if you see that I've met my maker on FB, I've willed this forum to you and Smurfette.

:ninja: :ninja: (I'm on call for 5 days straight over the holiday weekend and have nothing interesting to contribute to this thread except jealousy over the idea of a long vacation in the south pacific... )

:ninja: :ninja: (I'm on call for 5 days straight over the holiday weekend and have nothing interesting to contribute to this thread except jealousy over the idea of a long vacation in the south pacific... )

Man...life is tough

Merry Christmas!

I blame the 80hr restriction and night float for the current culture of trolls.