Are DAT Bootcamp Full Length Exams actually useful?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gomavz41

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been doing the DAT Bootcamp practice tests by section over the past 2 weeks, and I just took my first full length practice test today. I didn't know the full length tests have the same questions as the practice sections, because I was hoping these scores would give me an idea of my actual scores. I ended up remembering a lot of the questions from before and scored a 27 AA/24 BIO/30 CHEM/30 ORG/20 RC/23 PAT/30 QR. Clearly I'm not going to score anything like this on the real DAT (but I hope I do haha). I'm still going to take the rest of the full-length tests for practice, but is there anything else I can use to get an actual indicator of where I am in terms of preparedness?

Members don't see this ad.

I found them very useful and most representative overall of the type of questions I had one the DAT. But I wouldn't use the subject practice questions in advance of having taken the exam for the reason you pointed out. Your scores will be pretty inflated and the exams will just be you regurgitating answers to questions based on recall rather than understanding.

Reactions: 1 user