Are dental anatomy and dental morphology classes considered as BCP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Destiny11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

I imagine they are. It's interesting your undergrad even offers those courses. You must have a lot of pre-dental students to fill the class rosters up each semester.

I took those classes when I was in dental hygiene school. They were not included in the calculations for my BCP GPA. Unless those classes are biology, chemistry, or physics classes, they will not be included in the BCP GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took those classes when I was in dental hygiene school. They were not included in the calculations for my BCP GPA. Unless those classes are biology, chemistry, or physics classes, they will not be included in the BCP GPA.

Those sound like biology courses to me, geared specifically toward dentistry.

What is the course title?

BYU offers a dental lab prep class where you learn numbering, tooth anatomy, facial nerves, do carvings, etc... but it is just under student development and not any biology.

It all depends on the course title.

It depends on what department the course is listed under. My school offers a tooth structure and dental terminology from the biology department so it counts as a biology class.

what about classes taken in the department of dentistry?