DeanArrlack

10+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2008
Status
Pre-Psychology
Hey everyone! I'm more of a lurker, but I am trying to get a question answered.

I am finishing up my BA in psychology, and have mostly A's and high B's in all of my psych classes. However, I have a C in General Psych (intro psych) due to a terrible professor. She ran the class like a kindergarten and gave word searches and current events articles. I got a bit oppositional and am not happy with easy A's! :smuggrin:

So, I have a high GPA, expect to do quite well on the GRE's and have a lot of experience working in the field. (I plan on attending either IUP or CW Post for Clinical Psyd specializing in developmental disabilities)

I have the option of retaking into psych. Should I? Or will everything else over ride it? Thanks so much!!

krisrox

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2009
Status
Other Health Professions Student
Hey everyone! I'm more of a lurker, but I am trying to get a question answered.

I am finishing up my BA in psychology, and have mostly A's and high B's in all of my psych classes. However, I have a C in General Psych (intro psych) due to a terrible professor. She ran the class like a kindergarten and gave word searches and current events articles. I got a bit oppositional and am not happy with easy A's! :smuggrin:

So, I have a high GPA, expect to do quite well on the GRE's and have a lot of experience working in the field. (I plan on attending either IUP or CW Post for Clinical Psyd specializing in developmental disabilities)

I have the option of retaking into psych. Should I? Or will everything else over ride it? Thanks so much!!

Ummm, in a word: No.

AcronymAllergy

Neuropsychologist
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2010
Status
Psychologist
I don't know that you'd need to retake it, assuming it didn't ding your GPA too badly, as the time would be better spent on gaining further clinica/research experience.

That being said, I hope you've also moved past the oppositional tendencies. Odds are you'll encounter people while in grad school who will rub you the wrong way, and learning how to appropriately handle these situations is paramount to ensuring success in your doctoral career.

Jul 7, 2010
Status
Psychology Student
I don't know that you'd need to retake it, assuming it didn't ding your GPA too badly, as the time would be better spent on gaining further clinica/research experience.

That being said, I hope you've also moved past the oppositional tendencies. Odds are you'll encounter people while in grad school who will rub you the wrong way, and learning how to appropriately handle these situations is paramount to ensuring success in your doctoral career.
That last part is SO true..