Are half of the interviews slots already given out??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nh278

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So according to @gyngyn in this forum: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/what-is-the-ideal-premed-student.1162038/ half of interview slots have already been given out. I also checked Oakland and their interview tracker says 238/500 interviews have already been given....does anyone knows if this is true for the majority of schools?? It seems a bit early for 50% of interview slots to already be gone....

Members don't see this ad.

So according to @gyngyn in this forum: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/what-is-the-ideal-premed-student.1162038/ half of interview slots have already been given out. I also checked Oakland and their interview tracker says 238/500 interviews have already been given....does anyone knows if this is true for the majority of schools?? It seems a bit early for 50% of interview slots to already be gone....
Majority of applicants should already have their applications submitted by this time, so I'm not surprised.

Your chances of an acceptance later in the cycle depends on the school and the strength of your application of course.

Members don't see this ad :)
At a lot of schools yes: NYMC, Tulane, OUWB. But for some schools probably not: Tufts has only given IIs to people complete before 7/17.

According to the UMichigan Admissions powerpoint (last updated 9/9), 341/528 of the projected IIs for this cycle have gone out (91/176 IS, 250/352 OOS). The actual tracker on their website says 354, though. But yeah, half of a lot of schools' IIs have gone out.

Great, I needed a reason to get my anxiety up!

Reactions: 7 users
Didn't even know interview trackers were a thing...which other schools divulge this information?

yeah probably. It sucks

Is this really surprising to anybody? I mean, we're almost into October. Did you guys expect 20% of the interviews to be given out at this point?

Reactions: 1 user
well, this thread certainly is depressing....didn't realize just how slim my chances of getting an II are getting

At this point, how long after an application is marked as complete will it take for it to be reviewed for an II?

Wait... this means that 50% of IIs haven't gone out yet! :hardy::highfive::banana:

Reactions: 12 users
Wait... this means that 50% of IIs haven't gone out yet! :hardy::highfive::banana:
tumblr_lqz9k71fNG1qhqc6no2_250.gif

Reactions: 1 user