Are med schools need blind w/ admissions decisions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qweewq11

Smiley orgy organizer
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are medical schools financial aid need blind? Most undergrad schools are....are medical schools also this way?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. --Trek

When you submit your application issues of finance do not even come up. Your financial situation is discussed and evaluated after you are accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, not completely true. They're need-blind unless you're not a US citizen. If you're not, some schools will look at how much you have in the bank before they'll even think about considering you. I remember in Hopkins' secondary, there was a note about international students needing to show evidence that they had something like $150,000 in the bank.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Anath:
•Well, not completely true. They're need-blind unless you're not a US citizen. •••••Just wanted to clarify that they are need-blind unless you're not a US citizen OR PERMANENT RESIDENT (greencard holders). In terms of college issues, permanent residents are the *same* as US citizens, unless you want to join the army colleges or something. :D

The thing about international students is absolutely true. :( I feel bad for them. A friend of mine has been working for the last 3 years to accumulate enough money since he's Int'l.