Are Medical School students currently struggling more than usual with remote learning or is this essentially how Medical School has always been?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ihave Nonamè

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm curious because I'm not particularly enjoying this remote learning system as an undergrad - I long to be back in a lecture hall and in office hours with the professors.

But I recall that many Medical Students skip most of their in-person lectures and simply watch podcasts in double speed from home...this for hours on end.

Is this current remote learning system a taste of what Medical School will be like?

I mean, I know that part of the struggle now is just the inability to leave for anything...Perhaps I wouldn't mind it so much if it were that I were allowed to go sit on the beach, head for the library, go to the gym, etc every now and then.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My kids are doing OK academically, but I suspect that the social isolation is hurting. And yes, remote learning is very much what med school is like....you studying in your PJs or sweats and listening to us Faculty at 2x speed on your videos.

Reactions: 1 user
I love remote learning.

And not having mandatory wellness lectures about taking care of ourselves when we could have used that time to actually take care of ourselves. Kind of ironic.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Most of my 2nd year was remote learning by choice. Not being able to see friends is the worst part of the current situation.