Are more Reserved (physician only) added to ERAS prior to September?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Magneto1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm a new Prelim Medicine Intern re-applying to an advanced specialty after not matching last year. So far I don't see many reserved physician only positions in the specialty i'm applying to. Does anybody know if more of these spots get added to ERAS prior to app submission or are the programs currently listed after ERAS went live June 7th the only ones that will be available this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So I'm a new Prelim Medicine Intern re-applying to an advanced specialty after not matching last year. So far I don't see many reserved physician only positions in the specialty i'm applying to. Does anybody know if more of these spots get added to ERAS prior to app submission or are the programs currently listed after ERAS went live June 7th the only ones that will be available this cycle?

Most of those advanced positions are for 1 year out, since most will match into a prelim spot simultaneously. Some advanced spots are not advertised. Your program director might know of something.

Most of those advanced positions are for 1 year out, since most will match into a prelim spot simultaneously. Some advanced spots are not advertised. Your program director might know of something.

Oh I am aware of the traditional advanced spot (i.e.-starts 2 years later), but the reserved spots are the ones that start the July of match year (2019 in this case). These reserved spots are the ones that I'm curious will be continuously added to ERAS or not. Thanks though!

I'm in the same boat so I'm also interested in this question if anyone can help. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user